Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

b-sf carnation instant breakfast

s-4 potstickers

l-1/3 cup chicken baked with ww Pasta

d-leftovers from applebees, shrimp,

***it's that time, had 2 chocolate chip cookies**

worked out with trainer

Edited by truediva

Hi ya'll--

I'm still in "prep" mode and bought a couple of Atkins books for $1.00 at a used bookstore. One of them contains a recipe for a nut crust pumpkin pie and the only thing that looks "unhealthy" to me is the heavy cream!

Is anyone good at recipe substitutions? What would you recommend? Is there a website to look for healthy substitutions?

Thanks!

~~anne

(those of you who have mentioned "anytizers" in your posts made me stop and find them at the store today...definitely look promising due to their Protein count for a small serving size!)

Hi ya'll--

I'm still in "prep" mode and bought a couple of Atkins books for $1.00 at a used bookstore. One of them contains a recipe for a nut crust pumpkin pie and the only thing that looks "unhealthy" to me is the heavy cream!

Is anyone good at recipe substitutions? What would you recommend? Is there a website to look for healthy substitutions?

Thanks!

~~anne

Anne,

Try to substitute canned evaporated milk (not to be confused with sweetened condensed milk). It has 60% of the Water content removed which makes it thick like heavy cream without the fat.

Amy

Hi ya'll--

Thanks!

~~anne

i've tried plain greek yogurt, and half and half - both are decent replacements.

ok, I know we stay away from white bread, how about flour tortillas.are these a no no??

All uneccessary carbs are a no no... I have found some carb counter tortillia's (trader's Joes), they are not the same, but they give you the same satisfaction. If I have carbs, I make sure they are from whole wheat (tortillia's, Pasta, etc....) you will find that these things fill you up too fast, and you will naturally steer clear of them.

Hope this helps:thumbup:

Today

B-coffee, 2 fried eggs w/cheese and 1 slice of wheat toast

S-protein bar

L- 1 chicken drumstick and 1/4 c chicken and dumpling

4 bite size kit kats

D- TBD

I think I might need a fill, I am much too much hungry now.

Edited by A lot less