Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your rants about the fashion industry!

To those of you for whom the days of shopping in the large size section is a thing of the past, congratulations!

I'm at the very beginning of this journey, still buying plus size clothing, and thought it would be interesting to see who else here gets frustrated with the "fashion" industry.

What are your gripes? I'll start:

- Fabrics that cling to every lump and bump on your body.

- Capris. They're a two-fer: They make me look more rotund and highlight my cankles at the same time. What a bargain!

- Why does it seem that stores never have in a large size the one cute thing that catches your eye in the smaller sizes?

Horizontal stripes! On what planet do horizontal stripes look good on a plus sized person?

Shoes......pre-op I was a 9 wide. Now that I have lost a considerable amount of weight, I need an 8 1/2 narrow. I can't find 9s or 81/2s of any kind in any store I go into. When I was 9 wide, I still struggled to find those. But if I were a 5 or 6 narrow, I could pick shoes like a bouquet of dandelions. And loafers???? I don't see those in ANY size. It seems like all of the shoes that are not sneakers or flip-flops have 3" - 4" heels. And when did the $9 flats at Payless, Walmart and Target get worth $29?

My biggest gripe? All the ads where the women look so dang happy and comfortable in their bra's.....I hate bras....who can be happy in a underwire for 12 hours a day? Not me :/ lol....rant over!

I always hated buying tanks at 45.00 a piece only to have them fade after 1 or 2 washes.

I really hated when you would buy a top, wash it and it would seem to get wider and shorter.

What the heck is that!

My biggest gripe is that I can never find pants that fit my huge butt and thighs. Every pair I try on is WAY too tight across my butt or is HUGE in the waist.

The geriatric fashion styles constantly inflicted on us.

And is it too much to ask for bigger bra sizes to come in colours other than white or black? Big chicks like colour too.

Pants! They are either too short or waaay too long. And I'm 5'5".

Lord forbid I have to suddenly lunge forward in my jeans. As I got bigger all my favorite brands would just bust my balls. I had to buy some Duluth ballroom pants 'cause even my Wrangler loose fitting jeans didn't like my butt anymore.

And the lack of pockets in women's pants. I have a cell phone too, people!!

It's drives me crazy that I cannot find nice cotton shirts that are not see-through! Every shirt is so thin. It's so incredibly irritating!

Spaghetti straps on tank tops. Trust me, you don't want me to go braless.

It disturbs me that models even the plus size models are sold to us as the standard of beauty we should strive for. Air brushed photos and clothing tailored to fit their body. When I try on the same clothing it never looked the way it looked on the advertisement or manikin in the store.

Long sleeve shirts in plus sizes that are bigger in the chest, but not the arms & unlike @@JamieLogical I need pants that are looser in the waist, tighter in the hips!

& since when is a 12 "plus size"??

A-shirts that seem to spin around and make it seem like one moob is in business for itself. Haven't worn an A-shirt in years because of this.