Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys, Im ten days out of sleeve surgery and get nauseous every time I take my Multi-Vitamin. I bought the Bariatric Advantage chewable and I no longer can stomach the chalky taste. I tried to mix it with Jello but still get nauseous. My calcium chews have been great but I dont think I can continue these multis. Any suggestions?

Have u tried the regular non chewable kind?

I would suggest asking your dietician for alternatives, such as liquid or dissolvables. I get mine off of Amazon.com There are lots of options for brands. Maybe try taking them with your Protein shakes, Vitamin D is notorious for making one nauseous, especially if you don't take Calcium with it. Good luck to you.

I thought we couldn't swallow pills at this point. I heard of people taking Flintstone multis which I think would taste better than these. Im desperate to try something different.

Oh I guess it's different for everyone, my Dr put me on the regular Vitamins right away.

Www.WLSvitamins.com has Vitamins made special for bariatric patients.

If u can switch to regular ones if they make u nauseous as well try taking them right before bed, that's what I have to do and I don't have any problems.

Hi. I'm new here and stumbled on this. I had my surgery a week ago and had the same problem. I was taking Centrum chewables and just couldn't stomach them any longer. So I decided to get their liquid form and mix it with either Isopure or Water and have no problems with it. Maybe check into liquid form instead and see if hat works for you?

I take gummy vitamins the others made me sick

I remember my Nut said no gummies as well. I bought the Centrum liquid multi as well and it is better than the chewables but centrum has Iron in it and you arent supposed to take Calcium with iron so Ive stopped using centrum. If you take iron with calcium, it does not allow you to absorb the calcium. You can take it if you wait 4 hours in between but woth having to take calcium 3 times a day, I dont want to have to wait four hours each time to get my calcium. I guess Ill try the liquid nutrimex multi and see how that goes. Good luck to you!

I bought GNC chewables, they're not too bad

Hi guys, Im ten days out of sleeve surgery and get nauseous every time I take my Multi-Vitamin. I bought the Bariatric Advantage chewable and I no longer can stomach the chalky taste. I tried to mix it with Jello but still get nauseous. My calcium chews have been great but I dont think I can continue these multis. Any suggestions?

hi - I had the same problem as you and have been successful the gummy vitamins. They have made a huge difference.