Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cross posted...am I going crazy?!

I posted this in the general thread and then found this area that I feel like is more appropriate...

I feel like I have to start from the beginning.

I was banded back in 2008. I did fine for the first few years but needless to say over time I started developing reflux. I had my gallbladder removed because they felt like it was the problem. It ended up being my band. So I developed severe GERD and my band slipped. I had revision done March 3rd this year. First week was great, 7 days in my heart rate jumped to 160 and my BP dropped to 78/40. They checked me for a leak...no leak.

WELL-- when I advanced my foods per my schedule I started to get fatigued after I eat...it went away until this past weekend. Friday I was going to the gym I think my blood sugar dropped because I felt clammy, numb, jittery. I felt better after I had eaten. I got a glucometer and about a hour after eating sugar (1/2 cooking Peanut Butter and teaspoon of sugar) my sugar was only 78 so I am not really sure how low it had gotten.

before the sleeve I always had trouble with Constipation. Not any more. And I thought I saw blood in my stool last week so this week I tested it and it is positive for blood.

I got anxious after eating yesterday and I feel like all this crap is just causing me to be paranoid. I feel like its starting to cause me to have anxiety attacks because Im just afraid something is going to be wrong. I may even be getting depressed.

I have felt ok since Saturday but Im just nervous...nervous that something is wrong.

Maybe its my mind and I need to talk with a counselor or something but Im not sure what avenue to take at this point. Im probably over worrying because I was so afraid to have this surgery from the beginning just something about having part of your stomach removed.

I have never had health issues like this. I have never had the feeling of impending doom like I did 7 days post op. I don't ever want to have that feeling again.

Right now Im just thankful to have a forum I can kind of share my feelings with. My friends and family just get aggravated with me because I didn't tell them I was feeling bad sooner.

I'm losing weight and I am happy about that but at the same point 2 1/2 months post op and I am regretting having this procedure.

That feeling of fear does sound like anxiety or panic. That is something that is treatable, easily in the short term with medication (benzos).

As far as the other symptoms, have you spoken with your doctor again after the blood sugar episode?

No Im not scheduled to see my surgeon until June 6th I think. I haven't seen anyone since the cardiologist about 3 weeks ago. And then I didn't feel like I do now.

I suggest a phone call to your surgeon's office.

Also ask for something for your anxiety. There is no need to suffer, it's very easily treated.

Was put on Paxil. Today is day 2. Scheduled for a stress test this afternoon. Frustrated because I had an episode where I almost passed out this morning. I was putting on my make up and my heart started flip flopping in my chest. Then I saw black. Thankfully it stopped but I cant keep doing this. Not really sure why the cardiologist just didn't put me back on a beta blocker like I was on a few years ago.

How are you doing? I'm having issues similar to yours. I get all hot & start sweating then feel numb and have to run to the bathroom with diarrhea. This has been going on for 4 months now. My Gastroenterologist diagnosed me with IBS-D but bins of the meds he gave me are working. Did you end up finding out what your problem was?