Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Junk Food Challenge

Is anyone else having problems eating too many goodies? I don't even know where it started, but lately there's been an excuse for everything. Parties, barbeques, 3-day weekends, Halloween, birthdays... it's never going to end, so I need to work on limiting myself. I'm not losing weight any more - just keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds.

So, my challenge (for those of us having problems) is to limit myself to one "fun food" per day. I stole that term from someone on the boards who either has 2 mini candy bars, an ice cream sandwhich, a couple cookies... nothing more. And not all that stuff, just pick one per day.< /p>

Stomp out junk food! Stomp out junkfood!

I am a fan of sweets too and have a hard time statying away. So I go for the sugar free and low carb stuff. It really gets me over the hump. But with the holidays coming up I am sure that we will be having sugar shock....

Boy do I need a challenge....Parties everywhere, including Roxannes Birthday Bash tomorrow. I'm eating nuts right now...justification, it's Protein with tons of fat. I go for a fill on 11/11 under fluoro and boy do I need a fill.

OK, only one junk-fun thing (cause it's not food) a day.

There's chocolate everywhere. HELP it's never going to end

Put the candy down...good girl... :lick :devious

Okay. That's better than cold-turkey for me. one per day. I'm on it. I got little goodie bags for the neighborhood kids for Halloween so I can bag up everything and not having loose candy sitting around. I'll pack it all up today. :)

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! I need this challenge! :laugh

I start out the day so on track and by night time I am eating a bunch of junk. I hardly ever use to turn to sweets, salty/fat things were my fav... but now that the chips and breads don't go down as easy I have somehow turned into a sweet freak!

HELP, I need serious help! I am on for this challenge because normally I go 'cold turkey' and then this turns into deprivation (yea, right!) I don't think I have ever been deprived... maybe if I give myself permission for one small serving of these 'non-foods' I can finally get the scale moving downward.

Hey Everyone - GOOD LUCK!!

Lisa - thanks for this challenge.

I'm glad you are with me on this. I WILL NOT eat one of the Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies in the kitchen, because then I can't have a goodie tonight. Thank God I got my band when I did, because we have a new plus-size secretary that eats ALL DAY LONG. My office is next to the kitchen, and she's in there at least 10 times every day - no lie! I've never seen anyone eat so much at the office. She stops at the market every day and brings enough stuff for a picnic... that's not the problem; I don't care what others eat, but she's constantly influencing me. Yesterday she talked me into leaving the office for an ice cream run! In the middle of the damn day! The awesome thing is that my attorney, Jon, who has the office next to me (and who is really skinny and eats very light) has been my biggest band supporter and fan since Day 1. And Jon noticed Erin's gaining weight and that she's a really bad influence. We had a serious talk this morning, and I'm going to have a serious talk with Erin about keeping her food issues on the other side of the building by her own desk. I bring my lunch every single day, but at least once a week I give in to her "hey, let's go pick up fast food." I brought my chicken today, so I don't care if it's Friday and payday, I'm not screwing up again! Two ladies here keep huge containers of goodies on their desks, and I've never once touched them till yesterday, after seeing Erin go in there 5 times. I never eat the pretzles that my firm keeps in the kitchen till after seeing Erin grab 10 handfuls yesterday. I really like the girl, but PARTY IS OVER, ERIN!

Boy, I really need this one!

Only one junk thing a day... do bites count?? My favorite saying to the kids is, "can Momma have a bite????"

Well now, Ms. Paula, how big are your bites? If you bite like my monster husband, then you only get 1/2 fun food per day! But if you're taking little band bites, you can spread them out throughout the day. I'm not messing around her, either. ONE FUN FOOD PER DAY. I also allow one fun drink per day if I've exercised and didn't have a Protein Shake, so I'm sipping Arizona Kiwi strawberry Ice Tea. Yeah, I know that's way too much sugar, but I went an extra lap around the park today and gave up Breakfast. Sure beats the day-long candy and soda I used to do on top of 3 meals. And how nice to see your face! LOVE IT!

Cheetos are messy. Nasty Cheetos. Mmmm... The halloween candy is in its little goodie bags. I just got an order of sugarfree Chai tea and found it still has many many carbs -- 27 or something. That's more than my cocoa. Sigh... I should give it away. Maybe it could be a once a week treat. (Yeah, right!)

Must think what my ONE thing will be tonight, when I am a raving maniac eating machine. Thank goodness for my little bitty pouch. :)

Thanks Marie. I think it is luck...a combination of a metabolism that is still intact (I was not much of a dieter) and immediate restriction -- oh and that itty, bitty pouch.

I am starting to stall now, though. I'm eating more carbs. I'm hungrier at night -- and give in a lot. Part of it may be that I stayed between 175 and 190 (most of the time) for a long time -- about 15 years. I'm actually going have to start working harder! :) It's about time!

I'm trying not to focus on my goodie tonight... all I'm trying to do is stay the hell away from Otis and his team of Spunkmeyers! Have you guys ever seen Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough before it's baked? You can actually see the chunks of lard - the lard chips are bigger than the chocolate chips. EVIL.