Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apple Watch - As Tool for Sleevers

Hi All!

I was one of the lucky ones who was able to get Apple watch in first wave of shipments arriving on 24-April.

So, I have had it and been using it since then.

Wanted to start a thread to solicit input and experiences on best way to use it in support of VSG.

For me, I love the Utility watch face where I can use a timer set to 30 mins to keep up with when I can drink after feeding.

My two most useful apps are Bariatric Timer and Lose IT. Both available in ITunes App Store. These are not Apple Watch apps per se, they use the Apple Watch extensions to enable the App on the Apple Watch to be useful, without having to touch iPhone or iPad.

BariatricTimer lets me set reminders for eating and drinking before/after. Altho, to be honest the app isn't that intuitive and the relationship between the timers doesn't make sense. And, hey, don't use icons like 'Donut' and 'Wine Glass' when the purpose of your app is to support Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery folk.

Lose IT allows me to keep up with my caloric intake, and track daily intake of Protein, fat, and carbs. So great to set it up in Glances on the Apple Watch and have it available in seconds at a glance, without having to pick up my iPhone.

If you have an Apple Watch, please share how you are using it in your journey!

-RC-

Love this thread! I hope to have mine before surgery. My sister has one and loves it!

I also got my Apple watch in the first wave of shipments. I absolutely love it! I was sleeved two weeks ago. I've not really been using the watch related to eating or drinking. But, I started going back to the gym on my 4th day post-op. I use the watch to monitor my heart rate, calories, and activity achieved. I really try to get all three rings!

I've been looking into an app called Bariatric IQ. I don't have an apple watch but hope to for my birthday in October or Christmas. I still have 6 months of supervised weight loss til my surgery. For that I use My Fitness Pal. I had bought an app for $10 called Fitday because I could add things from the website on my computer when I'm at work but there's so many bug I just can't even.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine the end of June. I use it every day. Absolutely love it! I mainly use the fitness app for tracking my steps and my exercises (running, biking, etc) - it nicely works with MFP :-)

My Fitbit was on its way out, so it was a sweet upgrade.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches