Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my surgery date :)

I just found out that I will be having my surgery on June 8th! I'm really excited ^__^ any tips? I have been wondering about the whole not being able to do more than sip liquids and not being able to drink through a straw lol.

@@theotherfatgirl Nice! How are you feeling about it?

Edited by B_Darkly

The nervous part hasn't really hit me yet I'm just super anxious . A lot of different opinions about it but it's my life not theirs. How about you ?

It hasn't hit me yet either, I expect it to right when I'm going in for it lol. I've found that (in my case) anyone who has had something negative to say about it feels threatened by it in someway or another and you just gotta do what's best for you instead of trying to keep people comfortable.

Not yet, but the week before I have to do a liquid diet. Have you gotten all of your Protein and Vitamin supplements?

Yeah they started me on Protein Shakes a month ago. One a day only and than my Multivitamins this month I start two shakes a day. My nutrionist is very on point about this stuff lol so she's like start now. They sell their own brand of shakes and Multivitamin the multivitamin is like taking a shot because it's pretty gross

I wouldnt worry about the liquid portion of the diet post-op. You really wont havemuch apetite anyway. Its amazing how much your apetite is depletedonce you are post-op. You won't mind the diet because you really wont feel like eating very much anyway. Good luck to you!

I've chosen not to tell anyone! No one knows except my mother who is having it done the same day as me! I don't want to hear anyone's negative BS or how I don't need it etc...it's no ones business I don't think!

I've chosen not to tell anyone! No one knows except my mother who is having it done the same day as me! I don't want to hear anyone's negative BS or how I don't need it etc...it's no ones business I don't think!

originally that was my plan too ! Just one or two people to know but I caved slowly and I was really surprised how supportive people were . Some I was suprised weren't actually one family member didn't talk to me for like couple weeks but doesn't phase me. I just think once I'm losing weight they're going to say how proud they are and I'm just going to be like where were you in the beginning

@@theotherfatgirl Hah yeah I know, I have tried a few samples they gave out at the pre-op bariatric classes, the Vitamins aren't so bad with the brand I went with which is fusion.

@@alindsey Wow nice! Same day :) I'll remember that while I'm going in I'm sure, how are you feeling about it?

@@mike@goal Does it hurt at all to eat and drink post-op?

Sometimes that is the best way to go, some choices you have to make on your own and whether we like it or not certain people can affect our decisions :) so I totally understand.

Hi B, it doesnt hurt at all to eat post-op. You'll find that there are going to be things that are going to be tougher to eat, typically bread, sometimes Pasta and definitely steak and chicken but eventually you learn to chew the hell out of your food, eat small bites and know your limits. You'll have to feel it out a bit. It's a weird thing. It doesn't ever hurt to eat but when something doesn't feel good, I usually describe it as "not sitting well". it just feels like a bit of a lead weight is sitting in your pouch but it quickly passes. You're going to be fine! :)