Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 pounds in 2 weeks......

Hi! So I have been weighing myself every 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago I was down 14 pounds. Well I just weighed myself today cause its been another 2 weeks and I'm only down 2 pounds........just a little bummed about it. Is this normal? Any feedback would be great!

Is this normal?

In my short time on this forum, and reading many posts similar to this one. I feel safe in saying that there is no "normal". People just lose weight at different rates. Different people respond differently to the surgery. But 16 lbs in a month, I'd say that's pretty good. At this rate, you'll hit your goal within 6 months. You're doing great.

Thanks Jerr_Bear! :)

Same here Sara,

I am 6 weeks post and I have lost 22pounds in total..... And since the last 2 weeks nothing.... I m really bummed and questioning myself if 22 pounds is all that I needed ????

I know it's just so recent... But I hope it gets more consistent over time.... And yes I would love to lose all my excess weight within 6month (if only) ????

I lost most of my excess weight within the first six months. Like you, my weight loss was very inconsistent during the first two months. I decided early on to abandon my bathroom scale. In fact, I haven't been on it since my pre-op days. I usually get weighed at doctors appointment (PCP, psychiatrist, nurse), which usually averages 1-2 times a month.

Getting weighed less sets me up for less disappointment

and sweet surprises. I can understand why daily weighing works for some because it helps them stay on track. I'm just one of those people that let little things get to me, like gaining a pound or two for no apparent reason. As long as I'm sticking to my program, then there is no need to know what I weigh everyday.

Congratulations! You have probably reached The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or even longer. But don't worry – after that, the pounds will start falling off if you stick to your program. And, the inches will continue to come off even while the scale isn't budging. Here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm wondering if Pasta is too soon to eat?......

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm wondering if Pasta is too soon to eat?......

Hi @SaraM8705. I'm 10 months out and 121 pounds down, and Pasta is still too soon to eat. So are bread, potatoes, rice, and sugary Desserts. What do the materials from your surgeon's office advise? I worry that if you're planning on eating starches already, it's going to be a long, hard road to reach your goal. Please review the recommended eating guidance and follow it. And if you're hungry, remember that after weight loss surgery, hunger is often thirst in disguise, so keep sipping... I wish you all the success in the world!!!