Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stress and Disappointed

CanyonBaby is a great person to listen to, so not going against her advice, which is valid advice, but I would suggest the opposite. Use a scale! I have weighed myself every single day since I had my surgery and it has been invaluable. I can look back and see that, ok the stall that felt like it lasted for months was actually only a month, or I was stuck at a pound away from goal for literally 3 months, but I know what day I made goal. I also have a reminder every single day if the scale is going in the wrong direction, so instead of waiting to weigh at the doctor, I take immediate steps to fix the problem that day. For example, yesterday I woke up at 129.6, which is just fine with me, however I had part of a chicken sandwich for dinner from a fast food place and while it was grilled, I knew I'd probably gain. I also had cheese puffs. I woke up at 130.0, so today I worked out (which I had done yesterday too) and I carefully watched what I ate. Right now I am 129.8, which by morning will drop down into the acceptable range of somewhere around 129.2ish. I don't suggest weighing at night and I don't do it very often, but weighing yourself every single day, first thing in the morning, is the absolute best way to avoid unpleasant surprises on the doctor's scale and to remain focused on accomplishing your goal weight.

It is far easier to correct a 1-2 pound gain than it is to ignore the scale and find out you somehow gained 10 pounds and then have to figure out how to lose that much without wanting to sob and throw things.

>I also weigh 1 st thing in the morning. Almost every day since surgery. I also measure too. Keeps me in line.

SW and NUT emphasized not weighing every day, but when I was successful on Weight Watchers in the past, I weighed every morning as well. I have weighed every morning since I started pre-op diet. I'm not quite 2 weeks post op, but I'm planning to continue. I know that sometimes the scale will not reflect my hard work, and I'm okay with that. But I think I need the daily feedback to keep me in line.

I don't think either way is incorrect. You really just have to find what works for you. I just happen to do better as a monthly weigher. food logging is much more helpful for me. I look at not just calories, but the macros. If I manage that correctly I know before I step on the scale whether I will show a loss. All the scale give me is a number. I want to focus on maintaining balanced eating habits.

I do both tape and scale plus the mirror. Since I have started lifting it is hard to really tell if I am losing weight or losing body fat/gaining muscle (I put on n muscle extremely fast so tape is not always a good indicator) I do the scale and mirror daily. And tape once a week.

CrayonBaby is right as well es everybody else it is easier to fix small gains than wait for the unknown till you go to the Dr. Definitely go back to what you were doing when you were losing quickly. Ditch the soda and empty calories, and go back to the Protein and Water, Chrystal Light... cut all grain carbs and anything that is not healthy. You can do it it will just take hard work and utilizing the tool of your surgery to your advantage.