Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you had to do it all over again what would you do differently?

So this is for people who are probably a little ways out from surgery. I myself am on track to be sleeved in July. Just wanted to know from people who have been where I am, knowing what you know now, what would you do differently? I heard some people wish they would have had one more trip to the buffet or another soda. Also, someone I met said she wish she would have used scar cream from the start for her scars. I'd really love the advice. Thanks!

The only thing I would have changed is I would have gotten it done 10/20 years sooner. There is no food I ate previously that I miss now. I know how my skin reacts am I use scare cream regularly. If I had know it would be this easy I would have done it earlier.

20 years sooner. If it existed back then. :)

Three years sooner but I am only 13 days post op. First day after surgery I wish that I never did it to much pain. I love not being able to eat a lot and not stuffing myself on holidays. I am hosting the Fourth of July this year at my house and I am so excited. Guess what no over eating for me. I actually love being sleeve

I'd have paid more attention to the emotional issues both before and after surgery,

@@Vad1988

I would have never let my husband talk me into wearing skinny jeans. With weight loss its been funny to learn that just because it fit's does NOT mean I should wear it. Especially at my age :P

The only regret I had is that I was too embarrassed to take good before photos and I didn't measure myself, Sure wish I would have taken my measurements. Other than that............nothing. I would have done nothing different. Fun and exciting the whole way down to goal. Don't get me wrong there were some bumps but nothing big.

Edited by miller1109