Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some sleeve love!????

Hey all I was sleeved on the 20th and just have had kind of a rough recovery so I am just feeling a bit down:(! So many pple around me only have gas pain but I have actual body pain and had a reaction to the anesthesia which made me vomit so I am sore from that and I am in Tijuana and have a 15hr drive home (my husband driving) so I've just hit kind of an emotional low and need a little help staying positive! Anyone else have body pain and didn't just breeze through their recovery? Any words of encouragement? Any jokes? Anything would help! Thank you????

Your recovery gets better every day. The first few days can be rough. Just remember that it gets better and your life is changing for the better!

Name your sleeve something. :) Frankensleeve is a popular choice!

Best of luck in your recovery! Keep us posted!

Hang in there. It will get a little easier every day.

We all recover differently. What we do have in common ( unless something unusual happens) is that every day there is some improvement. Soon you will start feeling better and if you need something for your discomfort take it.

rough recovery - feeling a bit down:(!

@@amz85

hmmmmm

you want a joke? ;)

i'm full of it/them :lol:

there was this newbie that went into VSG pizza shop

he was asked ..........

"how many slices do you want the pizza to be cut into, 6 or 12???

the newbie thought for a minute and replied............

"please cut into 6 slices, i don't think i should/could eat 12!! :D

sorry you haven't had the best recovery :(

anesthesia - vomiting - yeach yeach :blink:

I can not relate to your "body pain" :blink:

doesn't sound fun

3 days PO??

feeling any types of aches and pains do happen to many others too

normal/typical feelings

of course that doesn't help you any :mellow:

15 hour drive from Mexico :o

my sympathies

do you have a pillow with you??

put it behind your back

against the window and try and rest

or maybe it would help to hold it over your new tummy??

you might be able to lay down in the back seat and rest/sleep???

hope you have Water bottles with you

you must stay hydrated!!!!!

if its uncomfortable drinking.....

try and PUSH/force yourself to take small sips

many sips in short periods of time

VERY important

you can't afford to get dehydrated :angry:

stop periodically (gas station etc) to stretch your legs, WALK

traveling 15 hours can/is hard enough

you must take care of yourself

today, tomorrow and always

you are the important one on the front burner :)

think positively that you will be home sooner than later

hopefully able to lay down and rest/sleep in your own bed

but.........once you are home

you "might" still be sore,aches and pains

bathroom situations, gas???

VERY tired

few problems, here and there

again........this is normal

again, that doesn't help you any :huh:

take everything slowly

saving you room on the recently remodeled losers bench

next to me of course!!! ;)

good luck

kathy

My favorite quote this week is from Winston Churchill. "When you are going through Hell - keep going!"

I will say that I had a lot of body pain. I was sleeved on Feb. 16 and while the pain has subsided, I am still sore. It does get better little by little. Good luck!

I too am having a lot of body pain. I'm amazed by people who say they were shopping or back to normal in three days. I'm 6 days out and actually hurt more than i did on day 4

You are a brave woman;

If you and your husband can complete the trip ... you are my hero! Sorry you have so many hurtles.

Helps when you can get feed back from first handers. But you know when to say uncle and head for help.

Just think next year this time you two will be like …"what the hell were we thinking"?

Enjoying the laugh and the new you. Keep in touch

Congratulations…you did it!

Thank you everyone for your encouragement! 625 miles from home! Trying to rest and get fluids in, pillow on the back helps. I'm sure I look crazy at the rest stops walking slowly and w/crazy hair I can't be bothered to fix????...has anyone used liquid Tylenol for body pain?!?

@@amz85 No, no I did not "breeze" through recovery...it hurt...a lot BUT after a week it was much better and 5 months later it's forgotten Along with 65 lbs so....keep your chin up!