Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. I had my surgery on 3/16/15. I feel like I'm going through this alone, and no one else understands what it's like. I'm looking for any support. I know it's only been about a week, but feeling down and frustrated. I just keep reminding myself it will get better.

Hang in there angelad83. I'm over 2 years post-op, but I still vividly remember those first few weeks. Things will get better day by day. It seems like it takes forever, but for me, something changed around day 9. It was like I got past a hump in the road. My pain went from unbearable to tolerable, I was comfortable enough the drive myself, sleeping became easier - although I still couldn't sleep on my side, and my dreams of living in a post-apocalyptic world stopped!

Hello. I had my surgery on 3/16/15. I feel like I'm going through this alone, and no one else understands what it's like. I'm looking for any support. I know it's only been about a week, but feeling down and frustrated. I just keep reminding myself it will get better.

I didn't tell anyone about my surgery except for my spouse, mother and children. That limits who I have to talk to about this journey. That being said, they are all supportive and they care, they listen.

I am almost 4 weeks post-op and every day brings new challenges and new accomplishments. I talk my poor husband's ears off some days about what I am going through. It's funny, I'll say to myself in the morning, "I am not going to talk about myself at all today," but I do. He listens. He makes suggestions, he congratulates.

Find "your person" and talk their ears off! If "your person" is not home with you, perhaps you can find someone here in the forums to bond with. Read the posts, I'll bet you find someone who feels exactly as you do.

Things will get better...

I just had mine on 2/16 and the first few weeks were a bit tough but it gets better and better. I live alone and don't have any family or friends anywhere near me, closest people I know are almost 2 hours away. So it was really rough feeling alone, and then trying to talk to my friends it really was like no one understood. I totally get it. As you go along and start to build a routine and start feeling more human again as well, it will get better. =)

@@TammyDTM @bloniebabs and others, you are so right! I'm three and a half weeks out. I have told a few friends but I'm beginning to feel like I have talked their ear off concerning my daily everything. It's like once you have the surgery, unless they have had it-it becomes you vs them. Especially if they have a weight problem. This is what I am going through and not necessarily what others are. For me, I have some new people in my life who have been sleeved and understand everything I am going through. They know the ups and downs first hand. They along with reading posts here, allow me to feel completely supported.

Hello, I am reposting a blog I wrote on another thread hopefully some of you will find this helpful....currently I am 10 days out of surgery I feel good but I miss REAL food....but I know if I go astray from my surgeons diet I will pay will illness and possibly my life (cant burst the sleeve) so I will wait til friday at midnight for cottage cheese applesauce yogurt oatmeal mashed potatoes grits cream of wheat and I know theres no way I'll be able to eat all that nor do I want to I just want some different flavors and textures besides liquids......anyways feel free to comment and let me know how you are doing :)

One week after sleeve gastrectomy and I'm still alive.....It's been a long, tough and painful week......the gas pain and nausea have been the worst......well after all this time I have discovered a few things:

1. Chicken/Beef/Vegetable broth has salt in it which helps a LOT to ease gas pain

2. Walking around my house was not enough to get this horrible gas moving...STAIRS is the way to go

3. I write down the date and times of everything I ingest this way I can keep track of Fluid intake, Protein intake and pill/vitamin intake

4. At my weight it is NOT a good idea to sleep in bed too long because any more than 2 hours and I wake up feeling nauseous and like a sumo wrestler has been stomping on my stomach and intestines....also if I roll over too fast incisions dont like that

5. Dont try to bend as quickly or as far as I did pre-op....sutures do not take kindly to these movements

6. Ice chips are my FRIEND I love them because I can eat them or suck on them and make overfilling less likely (I literally put ice in a bag and hit it with a hammer to break it down)

7. Gatorade is my LIFE BLOOD ......the first two days after I was home from surgery (off IV fluids) I felt so crappy I would sleep about 3 hours then wake up to take pills/vitamins and ingest fluids I only had 12 oz the first day and 15 the second...then I talked to my surgeon's assistant she suggested adding gatorade and I felt ALIVE again!

8. Bowel movements are different now (nuff said)

Anyways I'm anxious to see how much weight I've lost since surgery....it's GOT to be a lot right ...since I'm ingesting next to nothing? Since I'm doing mostly nothing but trying to ingest enough Protein, fluids, stairs, arm circles and stretching I'd love to hear from some others who have had or will have the sleeve gastrectomy........because I will definitely NOT be attending any easter festivities this year.......

Aww what's got you frustrated? Hang in there soon these early days will be a distance, foggy memory. Around here there are plenty of insomniacs and night owls to respond to a post.

I'm feeling a lot better now. I found the first week after surgery difficult, but each day gets easier. Thanks for checking in.