Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It is really frustrating when my fiancé doesnt support wls. He thinks it's the easy way out. If i really wanted it i should do it the "right way!" It would be more rewarding and appreciative? Wtf

Hmmm...I'd run through those wedding vows online and think about what you're getting into. :(

I can assure you that it isn't the easy way out. Your fiance takes the easy way out by not supporting you any way he can and instead he is dismissive of the effort you are trying to make. You should continue on without any concern for what he has to say and instead you can hope he grows a set.

Tell him to take out 3/4 of his stomach and see, how easy it is . Those words just make my blood boil

My husband of 28 years isn't supportive either. Soon you will learn to ignore him. Most generally if it isn't about HIM, or it isn't HIS idea, it's wrong, so, I just ignore him. But that isn't stopping me from taking care of me. If he really loves you he will come along for the ride, and stick around just like the vows say! He is probably just worried about the risks, which, these days there are fewer than there used to be. Maybe he should have a discussion with the surgeon and voice his concerns. The surgeon can provide him with real statistics that are eye opening.

What do you want us to say?

Why don't you find a local support group and take him with you to one of the meetings. His lack of support could be something as simple as he isn't totally and completely informed. I have heard of many spouses that went to a support group meeting, and came out with a completely different outlook.

Just a suggestion...

My mom said the same thing and it infuriated me at the time. I am 2 days from surgery and despite her initial attitude she plans to be there to support me through the surgery. Once he see your determination, his attitude will likely change. If not, I guess that will be a clue to kind of husband you can expect.

I went through something similar with my fiancé and oldest daughter (she's 22).

Neither of them agreed with it and they both said the same thing "you're taking the easy way out." I proceeded and never gave them a thought. Its my health I was saving. It's the BEST thing I have ever done for myself. In the first month, I have lost 35 pounds. I'm off all medications and for the most part, I feel great!

Remember, It's YOUR body and YOUR decision. YOU have to live with yourself. There is NOTHING easy about this. It's a change that takes place from the inside out. You're mind has to be reprogramed on how you view food. You've lived your life this long eating the way you have. This is a tool that helps you reset per say, that thought process on food.

Edited by Jenn1376