Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally, finally my day is almost here! My VSG is this coming Wednesday the 18th. I'm ready and excited - if there are nerves to be had, they've not yet hit me, lol. For those of you wondering, the 2 week liquid diet is no joke! It is difficult and I have struggled but I'm making it. There were times during these 2 weeks that I doubted my decision, I mourned the fact that I wouldn't be able to stuff my face with all sorts of bad food choices, and I mean really mourn, break down crying and all - but that's the point of this life change. who needs to sit down and stuff their face with tons of food and then feel miserable afterwards, no one! Which reminds me of why I need this surgery as my helping tool. I have to be at the hospital by 9:30am on Wed and my surgery should be just before 12pm. I'm lucky to have my amazing husband to be on this journey with me. He has been nothing but supportive.

One of my biggest issues was finding a Protein Drink that I like. I have a very sensitive palate and no matter how much people have said you can't taste the Protein powder in various different brands, I could taste it everytime. I tried powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury, GNC unflavored, chocolate whey, Muscle milk etc. The only thing I could tolerate was the Muscle Milk and even that I didn't really want. So, for those of you like me, I have wonderful news. I found a drink I actually LOVE! It has no protein flavor what so ever! I would drink this even if I wasn't having this surgery, that's how great it is. Premier Protein from Costco! They are ready to drink shakes only sold at costco. I buy 18 shakes for about $27 and it's well worth it. It has 30g protein, 1g sugar and 160 calories in one 11oz shake. It tastes just like the drink YooHoo to me.

I look forward to posting an update after surgery

They are popular the chocolate is all I drink. Glad you like them. Good luck on your surgery!

I am also scheduled for this Wednesday the 18th. I am nervous and excited. I have to agree with you on the Premier Protein. I have lived on it. Good luck with your surgery!

My surgery is tomorrow morning. I am neither nervous, nor excited. I just want it to be over. This liquid diet is for the birds.

Good luck tomorrow! Wishing you all a speedy recovery!! :)

Hi everyone. My surgery went well. I came home yesterday. I have 5 incisions and the only one bothering me is the one where the stomach was pulled through. Other than that I'm very stiff and sore but it gets a little easier each day. I'm tolerating all my liquids well and so far today I don't feel that I need pain meds. I'm not feeling hungry but I sip throughout the day. I'm very glad I did this. I'm very hopeful!

Fantastic news! So glad you are on this side now! I know the time leading up to and a short while after are nerve wracking but now the surgerybis behind you. ????

Glad you had no complications and are doing well with your liquids too. Woo hoo!