Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starting to dislike Fat People....

I was just having this conversation with Mom. I think you were very brave for sharing, knowing that some people would understandably react very strongly. I don't hate fat people, I still am one. However, what I do have a hard time with is watching people eat in such huge quantities. It literally makes me nauseous to watch.

Interestingly, this was one of the things I expected to miss the most. My problem has always been with quantities. I could not be tempted with one cookie, because I knew that wouldn't satisfy me, I only wanted ALL of the Cookies, the whole bag. Nothing less even tempted me.

Fast forward only two short months and I hate eating out now because the over consumption is gross to me. I don't want to do it and I don't want to watch others do it. I don't see this as being hypocritical because for me, it is a physical, guttural reaction. I don't judge these people and I am very aware of where I came from. However, I can see where this could grow into an avoidance of spending time with people who over consume simply to avoid my own physical discomfort.

It actually reminds me of the ways in which trauma memories are stored in the brain, with the strong physical and emotional responses easily triggered. Someone needs to do some research on this.

I feel the same way. I was at a small family birthday party and my aunts friend is obese and at the corner of my eye I saw all the food she consumed and just thought wow that is so gross why are you eating so so much just stop it looks awful then I express this to my mom once we left and asked was I like that. And she said yes. I just think it's funny being in a better place and realizing how awful certain things are. Although 15% of my weight loss decision was based on looking hot the real reason was because my body hurt and my health was on the worse. Sometimes I want to tell people there are always options. But yeah its a motivation to better myself.

I feel the same way. I was at a small family birthday party and my aunts friend is obese and at the corner of my eye I saw all the food she consumed and just thought wow that is so gross why are you eating so so much just stop it looks awful then I express this to my mom once we left and asked was I like that. And she said yes. I just think it's funny being in a better place and realizing how awful certain things are. Although 15% of my weight loss decision was based on looking hot the real reason was because my body hurt and my health was on the worse. Sometimes I want to tell people there are always options. But yeah its a motivation to better myself.

Yep....You watch them eat all that bad food and you know the damage they are doing to their bodies... How

can you like that...I can't eat much but I am happy I can't.....Fat People are disgusting and if that

helps me keep off the weight a day longer then I will continue to feel that way.....

I want to feel good about myself and I enjoy other people being jealous of my weight loss...I am going thru all

of this discomfort for a reason. I want to be healthy and I want to weight 200 pounds less thatn I did when

I started...I deserve to be praised and they deserved to be insulted for being lazy fat idiots....

Take that anyway you like...but the truth hurts .....My lazy fat idiot days are over.....I run 6 times a day

and watch what I eat...I am almost a Vegan now....I get lots of praise now....Can't help that

Fat folks get insults....Not my fault....I made the changes and they should too....

Feeling sorry for Fat lazy folks will not help them....Glad I am doing the things to no longer be one of them

That type of living is almost worst than being dead....Being fat is being dead.....

Truth hurts.......Somebody got to say....I feel alive now......I used to be fat and I used to be dead....

Damn I am so glad I made the changes.......

• Joebravo- I'm wondering if you were really bullied while being overweight? The reaction you describe in your last post points to a lot of hurt and anger. The words you chose seem intentionally hurtful. No judgement, this seems like it might be part of your process, but I would suggest counseling to work through all of this. Weight loss can be very triggering and a healthier perspective might be focusing less on the reactions or problems of others and more on your own personal well being and happiness.

• Joebravo- I'm wondering if you were really bullied while being overweight? The reaction you describe in your last post points to a lot of hurt and anger. The words you chose seem intentionally hurtful. No judgement, this seems like it might be part of your process, but I would suggest counseling to work through all of this. Weight loss can be very triggering and a healthier perspective might be focusing less on the reactions or problems of others and more on your own personal well being and happiness.

I agree although yeah I view fat people in a complete different way you seem more angry and disgusted. I still have sympathy because I was there and yes I was lazy but food fed my issues. And I'm still fat so I'm team fat still!

Perhaps...but I feel very strongly about going back and gaining the weight as I have seen many others do

a few years after the surgery....I will do what I have to to keep the weight off...This is life or death for me..

This is how I feel...Not that it means anything to this big world...My personal thoughts about me....

I agree although yeah I view fat people in a complete different way you seem more angry and disgusted. I still have sympathy because I was there and yes I was lazy but food fed my issues. And I'm still fat so I'm team fat still!

I am very angry about keeping the weight off....This is life or death for me..If Anger is what I need or use to fuel

my motivation to stay in the gym and out of the kitchen then so be it.....I am speaking only about me and fully

understand how this is no way to behave out in public....In some ways I am just venting...Sorry if I Offened anyone

.....I still got 100 pounds to go and I am going to get there no matter what I have to do .....I am hungry for weight loss

Perhaps...but I feel very strongly about going back and gaining the weight as I have seen many others do

a few years after the surgery....I will do what I have to to keep the weight off...This is life or death for me..

This is how I feel...Not that it means anything to this big world...My personal thoughts about me....

That's a great feeling but me personally agree that you seem angry. But the strive you have to better yourself and stay great is amazing. So keep it up and you do you.

I have read this thread several times, and could not understand why a person would feel like this to over weight people. I have not had my surgery yet, don't even have a date yet, but I did see some pretty large people out while my wife and I were out to lunch and shopping. I'm 6' 1" and 330 and I'm busting my ass on this liver reduction diet. I see people who are way larger than me, male and female and I ask myself the question, why don't they have the surgery to help them live a better life. I do understand people come from all different walks of life, but there is no excuse for not getting healthy. I don't understand what I'm feeling like this. I know it's a full time job taking care of myself, but come people!

Edited by Monster