Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I took another big step a few days ago. I wore a bathing suit that did not have a skirt. I have very wrinkled upper legs and thighs and usually look for a skirt to cover what I can. I couldn't find a suit I liked with a skirt this time around though I did find some very nice one piece tank style suits. I look fine in one except for the legs. My tummy doesn't pouf out like it used to, nor does my behind so I put it on and had my mom give me her opinion and she said that I'm way more aware of the loose skin than anyone else would be and that I shouldn't worry about my legs.

So, I wore it to the pool when I was in Florida last week. I tried to not think about it and just to go about my business but I can tell you that I felt so much lighter in the Water without the skirt material swirling around. I will just have to try to not be so critical of myself and enjoy the accomplishments I've made rather than focusing on what I can't change at the moment...or perhaps ever.

@@gowalking where's the pic you know we're going to ask for the pic of the bathing suit with you in it but if you're not comfortable showing us that is fine also , I am not ready just yet to try on bathing suits .

I didn't take pics in Florida but I just put the suit on in my bedroom and took this picture. It's not a great shot because of the flash, but you can see my body and legs and that's all that matters. I hate how they look and I don't know for sure if mom was just playing down how bad they are. I'd appreciate honest feedback from anyone who cares to comment.

post-142630-0-83525000-1425871355_thumb.jpg

Honestly, it's not that bad and your mom is right.

You look nice and slim in the suit. I'm glad you decided to go for it! :)

I think you look fantastic! I'm the same way as you though, it seems like now a days I'm way more critical of myself then I was when I was wearing tents. I'm always able to find SOMETHING about myself that I feel needs to change, improve, be gone etc. But you're mom's right, my husband tells me the same thing all the time, no one else notices. Some how I have to get my brain around it and flipping be proud of where I'm at now and enjoy it. So good for you for working it girl!! Huge step, be proud of that and keep marching on.

Edited by enjoythetime

I think you look great and that's not bs. Cute suit too. Now I'm tempted to go find one without a skirt.

With if I had the body you have NOW I would be showing it off , I DON'T SEE ANY saddle bags or wide hips , & do you have a belly any more because I can't see it YOU LOOK GREAT & I am not saying this to make you feel good I Really mean it , WOW can you imagine putting this as a side by side from where you started till now try that it will bring HAPPY tears to you because you will know what you have done & be proud of that.

I had surgery almost 7 years ago, and lost 100 lbs during the first 2 years and kept it off.

It took at least 2 years or more after I had completed the weight loss for me to have a mental picture at the new weight of what I looked like (my body image) that was accurate.

No matter how good we look after we lose the weight we tend to downplay it or doubt it. Most of us spent many years at our heavy weights and have difficulty replacing the picture in our heads of how we looked at that weight with the image of what we look like at our new slimmer weight.

Making sure that you wear clothes that flatter your new silhouette will work wonders for your self confidence. I found that until I acquired clothes that fit, were a good color and cut for me, I didn't know how fabulous the new me really could look.

If you aren't sure what clothing looks good on the new you, enlist the help of anexpert, a stylist or image consultant. They will be able to see the slimmer you and find styles that are right for you.

Taking pictures is another key to self acceptance. The mirror doesn't seem to work. But pictures don't lie. Take pictures of the new you in attractive, well-fitting clothes and share them with people you trust. Get their opinion. Eventually, what you look like will begin to take hold in your mental images of yourself.

Carin Boyer

ThinSideOutStyle.com

Done surgery I had lost 100lbs. Gained back 15lbs. With muscle a little bit of booty back. I still see the same chunky girl I was until I see pictures. I love the Camara. Lol. You look great, I am interested in knowing how much weight you have lost?

Done surgery I had lost 100lbs. Gained back 15lbs. With muscle a little bit of booty back. I still see the same chunky girl I was until I see pictures. I love the Camara. Lol. You look great, I am interested in knowing how much weight you have lost?

I lost around 150 or so lbs. It depends as I waffle between 113 and 117. I know how difficult it is to see the 'new person'. I've been seeing a therapist for more than a year to deal with some of these issues.

I lost around 150 or so lbs. It depends as I waffle between 113 and 117. I know how difficult it is to see the 'new person'. I've been seeing a therapist for more than a year to deal with some of these issues.

I think you look awesome!! I know I will have the same issue....some day. So I can relate BUT maybe try to think of it more like a badge of honor. It's much better to be thin and healthy with some loose skin then heavy, saggy and unhealthy. Walk with your head held high!! You bet obesity ????