Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CRAVING FRUITS AT ONLY 3 WEEKS AFTER VSG SURGERY!

Hey there, since i got the clear to start puree food i have been wanting to eat alot of fruit but according to my nutrisionist im not allowed to eat food by itself it has to be paired with a Protein , because by itself it become juice and juice contains sugar ..... Have you guys get craving fruits and are u guys able to eat them or is just my nutritionist that confiscated fruits and juices for me ?

I got a lot of cravings for fruits in the 1st few months post-op. I had gone so long without eating any pure sugar that I think it was my brain trying to trick me into eating carbs. :o

But I did eat some fruit, it was literally one 3/4 inch square of pineapple. And Frankensleeve had a fit. It felt like he was trying to roll himself into a ball. It was a good 6 months before I could tolerate any kind of fruit - apples, grapes, and pineapple. And even after 6 months, I wasn't able to hold more than a slice or 2 of an apple or eat 1 or 2 pieces of pineapple per hour.

Frankensleeve was so picky that he guaranteed that I stuck to my recommended diet - 75% lean Protein and 25% low glycemic carbs (Beans, lentils, squashes, cauliflower..).

Its sucks jeje but at the end i hope i see the results im really scare because i dont see to be loosing weight and im in the 3 week. In other note same thing happends to me with watermelon and strawberry i cant eat them without getting pain. The only one so far i can eat with no problem are peaches but as i said before nutritionist said to eat the fruit with cottage cheese not alone which sucks.....

It not just your Nut I still don't eat fruit (well 3 strawberries in 4 months so that a lie) fruit has a lot of sugar in it And your awfully early out. I would eat a piece of fruit before I ate any junk food though....you know in an emergency situation :)

Im on my 6th week now and still on pureed food until mid week. I have had pureed banana with fat free greek yogurt with no problems. I wouldn't really like fruit with cottage cheese but I am going to try pureed peach and pureed Strawberrys with greek yogurt over the next few days.

I want a mango so bad!!!

My doctor and Nut said that My husband could have baby food fruits and applesauce with no sugar added. It helps because it provides variety. Ask your doctor or Nut if its okay.

My plan lets me have fruit by 31 days post op. I just cut up some strawberries today and put them in cups with sugar free Jello. I haven't eaten it yet

Idk why i get so worry but at the same time im happy because at my first week of post op i had lost 24 pounds . And everyone tells me that its just temporary , but becuase here and there i had fruit alone i feel like guilty because i think maybe that its the problem .... My nut said i need to drink my Protein and if i cant take it to convert it like a banana or strawberry smoothi which i did and it help alot .. So now im using banana for the protein shakes..