Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hiatal Hernia Program- True Results

Hey everyone, I am currently trying to go through True Results Hiatal Hernia Program. I went to my free consultation 2/20/15 where they gave me a physical, and lung test, and I also did blood work. I was told that after my blood work results came back they would contact me to schedule a ECG to check for a hernia. I know they have received my blood tests results because I called & they told me they did & that a nurse would call me back but they still haven't. I'm still nervous I won't have a hernia & won't be able to afford the surgery which I so badly need & want. I know that I have high cholesterol & my liver enzymes are elevated as well due to my weight. Has anyone else out there gone through True Results Hernia Program? If so, how was your experience & how fast was the process to finally get surgery? Thanks! :)

How long have you been waiting? I would give it few days given the weather issues here in North Texas. You could also call and leave a VM with the EGD scheduler - they usually call back within 24 hours.

I called & they told me they had received my blood work back & a nurse would call me back. It's been a week so far & still no call but yes the weather has been bad & I know they were closed one day this week. I didn't know they had a EGD scheduler, I think I'll do that, I'll wait until Monday at least. My advocate from True Results did tell me it takes a few weeks to call me after receiving my blood work. I am also scared once I schedule my EGD that they won't find a hernia, bcus that's the only way my insurance will cover most of the surgery. :(

i know it's stressful to wait. try to stay positive and call them back next week.

Hiatel hernias are very common in most people that overeat and are overweight. What is your weight? Some people have symptoms and some don't. Some of the symptoms are acid reflux, indigestion and heartburn. I used Dr Kim and he has this same program. Good luck on your journey!

Tiff, I weight 260 and I'm 27 years old, my height is 5'3. I have slight high cholesterol & my liver enzymes are elevated whatever that means. ????

Have you heard anything this week? I agree, if you are overweight, you more than likely have a hernia.

Giggle, no I havent. I emailed my patient advocate that they assigned to me & she told me "We will call you to set this up once we have your clearance and can send your chart to the surgeon, this can take a few weeks." I just said ok thank you, I don't to bug her. :(

Sweetgirlxo- have you gotten any further? I just now saw your message and questions. Mine moved pretty fast between jan 2015 and now my EGD is tomorrow and my lap band is being put on the day after tomorrow. At TR in Richardson TX.

dtritt, I got a call yesterday with the dates from my advocate. EGD will be April 2nd, surgery April 13th! I'm still scared that I won't have a hernia. Are you going through the hernia program too?

I also went thru true results to start. But they took so long i ended up calling my doc (dr smith) office. They retested everything ( i did not do an egd with true results). I honestly am not sure what true results does except act like a referral service.

Sweetgirlxo, my experience was similar with True Results, however a good friend suggested going to Dr. Kim bariatric institute because she had her sleeve done with him and have a much better experience before and after. I was able to transfer what I did over to dr Kim from TR and if I would have been fully prepared I would have been able to have surgery on 3/31... TR had me scheduled to do surgery on 3/23.

Biggest difference is the inverted sleeve procedure and the support after surgery. I met Dr. Kim on my first visit. At True Results, I wasn't going to be able to see my surgeon until 3/19. And none of them office staff had the sleeve done. They also told me I'd have bills after from the hospital.

I hope this helps!

Amber did you end up having a hernia? And how long after the EDG did they let you know if you did or didn't have one?