Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Madmax--my weight loss started out super slow. When I picked up my Protein it improved. Sleeved 3/3 I have lost 21 lbs so far. (Including preop liquid diet)

Hi Folks! I had my surgery March 4 - hiatus hernia repair too. i was having problems the first day after surgery getting down liquid, and had to spend an extra day in hospital. Ever since then, I've been feeling fabulous and counting down the days until I can get back in the pool.

My only concern is that I'm not really losing weight. I've been reading of people dropping 10-15 pounds in the first week and I only lost 2 lbs. I'm following the nutritionist's directions to the letter, but find it was coming off a lot faster pre-op.

Anyone else having similar problems? (Although I am happy to be losing anything at all :D)

Keep up that positive attitude and surely the weight loss will speed up. And something I'm sure you can discuss with your doc. Saw that someone posted that when their Protein intake went up the loss improved. Best of luck to you. Keep us posted.

Hi Folks! I had my surgery March 4 - hiatus hernia repair too. i was having problems the first day after surgery getting down liquid, and had to spend an extra day in hospital. Ever since then, I've been feeling fabulous and counting down the days until I can get back in the pool.

My only concern is that I'm not really losing weight. I've been reading of people dropping 10-15 pounds in the first week and I only lost 2 lbs. I'm following the nutritionist's directions to the letter, but find it was coming off a lot faster pre-op.

Anyone else having similar problems? (Although I am happy to be losing anything at all :D)

Madmax- Im almost 2 weeks post op and have noticed on the days that i dont take in at least 64 oz h2o and at least 60-70g Protein, my weight loss slows, even overnight. And its really hard to get all of that in plus anything else. Also on another forum group Im in someone was saying not getting your Vitamins and Calcium in also slows it down, but ive seen people blog that theirsurgeon still hasnt started them on any of that yet. Mine starts you the day you leave the hosp. Just may be something more to try, great attitude though, stay positive :)

Edited by duffslove

I was sleeved March 3rd. (My husband and I actually did it together) It has been nice having someone really "get" what this feels like. Of coarse he has lost more weight than I have and for some reason he has healed so much faster. But I'm getting there. He has done so well with his walking, me not so much but today seems to be a turning point. I sorta went through some depression post surgery. I think it was a combination of crazy insane hormones and missing my comfort tool (food). We got those FitBit activity trackers and have become very addicted to them. We use them to track our steps and log our food/protein and Water intake. It has made us accountable and helped me so much. I am blown away by how such small amounts fill us up. After spending my life wanting more of everything, it's amazing and freeing to feel "enough". I've had so many WHAT THE HELL DID I DO days. It's nice to see some sunshine.

I was sleeved March 3rd. (My husband and I actually did it together) It has been nice having someone really "get" what this feels like. Of coarse he has lost more weight than I have and for some reason he has healed so much faster. But I'm getting there. He has done so well with his walking, me not so much but today seems to be a turning point. I sorta went through some depression post surgery. I think it was a combination of crazy insane hormones and missing my comfort tool (food). We got those FitBit activity trackers and have become very addicted to them. We use them to track our steps and log our food/protein and Water intake. It has made us accountable and helped me so much. I am blown away by how such small amounts fill us up. After spending my life wanting more of everything, it's amazing and freeing to feel "enough". I've had so many WHAT THE HELL DID I DO days. It's nice to see some sunshine.

Tomorrow is 1 week post op for me! I have had so many moments of what the heck did I do. I sobbed to my nurse in the phone 4 days post op. She called me today to make sure I was okay bc she knew I was down. I can't even say it's the "food" that bothers me.... I'm more stressed with what if I have issues... I know me stressing is not helping so I'm back on my anxiety meds. I KNOW I did this for the right reasons. I just try to remind myself that this summer I will be chasing chasing my 3 kids around the yard and feeling wonderful! I have read so many people have this feeing so it's completely normal. I'm taking it one day at a time. Hang in there!

Surgery 3/12 @ 7AM released from hospital 8PM... Slept Friday, dozed Saturday, climbed into bed Saturday night, 40 minute walk around Walmart on Sunday and drove home on Monday. No pain, nausea has subsided, able to drink more, even had 4 oz of Tomato Soup for dinner in one sitting! Down 16 lbs since Wednesday morning when I started my pre surgery liquid diet.

Two week check in today (3/2 surgery date) at the doctors. Down 29lbs. I was floored and did not expect those numbers at all (I don't have a scale so a total surprise)! Sticking to my Water, broth, Protein and Vitamins with one more week to go until purées. He told me to come back in 4 weeks! There are hard days but I'm so glad I did this!

Edited by giggleblue

Wtg @@giggleblue and @@dlyn . Amazing work!!!

Edited by katyh2015

know I'm making the right decision but VERY nervous as I'm less than 48hrs away!!!

going home to pack a small bag for hospital visit and hoping office coordinator calls me back tomorrow after 2 days of calling to make sure I'm still on for Thursday March 19th!!!! eeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

My surgery was on March 9th. I had post op appointment on March 16th and I am down 23 pounds since starting the two week pre-op diet. I am now on a pureed diet which is a welcome change from the liquid diet. I don't care if I ever eat another popsicle and chicken broth/cream of chicken Soup will only be used in recipes when I am cooking. My biggest dilemma is getting in all of my Water for the day. I love Water but hate that I can't take the big gulps that I was able to before the surgery. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone else feel like they need a GIANT HAMSTER water bottle attached to a pole next to them?post-249338-0-06002300-1426645602_thumb.png

Is it ok to keep taking a tablespoon of high Protein yogurt throughout the day. I can't down a full 8oz at one time and find I'm getting a little hungry throughout the day. I'm back to work after one week...and down 13# at day 9 post op... I'm eagerly awaiting puree as Soup and protein drinks/waters are getting old. ... chewable vitamins seem like a treat. ..

I was sleeved March 4th. Doing well food and Fluid wise. Also healing well. Biggest issue is weight has not budged at all. Anyone else having this problem?

:(

I was sleeved March 4th. Doing well food and Fluid wise. Also healing well. Biggest issue is weight has not budged at all. Anyone else having this problem?

:(

Hi there Naloyets - I was sleeved on the same day and have exactly the same problem :(

I spoke to the nutritionist and she explained that I may be a slow loser or may expect to plateau a lot. I did lose close to 20 lbs during my pre-op diet, so I am choosing to think I hit a plateau and that next week the scale will start moving again :D

Edited by Madmax68