Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone had this problem? I have a rash all on my neck/chin/face. Also on my arms. I have an appt with dermatologist this afternoon. I really don't think it's dermatitis since I haven't introduced anything new. I'm worried about something systemic like liver issues. It just feels like since surgery it's been one thing after another. I felt fine before (just chubby) and now I feel as if I'm falling apart. Can't help but to feel that this surgery was the biggest mistake of my life. I'm only 5 weeks out so I'm hoping it gets better. Just feeling nervous and discouraged.

I developed a rash a few weeks after my surgery. It just went away on its own after a couple of weeks. I never figured out what caused it, but I suspect it was a reaction to the surgical tape or glue. I hope yours is something simple like that.

When you're feeling frustrated and hopeless, try to look on the positive side of your weight loss experience. You are taking affirmative steps to improve your health. You can feel proud of yourself for that.

I broke out in hives on my arms & legs about 10 hours after I got home from the hospital. I took Claritin for a few days, put hydrocortisone cream on the itchy hives and then I was fine after about 3 days.

I had the sleeve done in March 2011. I started getting Hives in May 2011. I have seen 8 different doctors with numerous medications. Nothing has worked and no one has any answers. It has been 4 years and I still have them every day. They itch and are very sore on my hands and bottom of my feet. Anyone have any answers?

Stress of surgery, anything can give you hives, check with your dock and take some benedryl and get some oatmeal soap and a warm shower and relax. Stress from worry about all of this can do it too. I was crying this afternoon because I felt my husbands job didn't appreciate him enough. Your body is changing. I swear is like puberty again sometimes

Edited by kyrickchick64

I was diagnosed with chronic uterica (hives) a few year back. Now for some of you it may just be the after effects of surgery. You can use benedryl or benedryl creme. Do not use both! Your body will react as if you had taken a double dose. You can do a combo of benedryl and hydracortisone cream.

I am allergic to latex. Even latex free bandaids & tape have a small percentage of latex in the glue. I broke out from the bandages used to hold my PICC line and where they put a bandaide after unsucessfully trying to start an IV. I had a nasty red rash for 2 -3 weeks.

For others it may be the ingredients in the foods you are eating.

After I had gotten allergy tested multiple times what I had to do was look at the foods I was eating. Giving up processed foods as much as possible was a big help. Nothing out of a box or a can, no premade mixes. If the ingredients had more than 10 things or had words I needed a science degree to read, it got tossed. Then I had to give up artificial sugars and stevia. If you have sinusitus, stevia is not for you. It is a plant in the ragweed family and can cause allergic reactions. I also had to look at the side effects of medications I was using. If swelling and hives are a side effect, you likely can't handle that medication.

@@shawgirl1 - Do you still use Protein drinks? I would look at the ingredients. If not, it may be time to get allergy testing.

I was searching for itching and came across this post. I had the sleeve done 1 month ago (March 4 2015) and experience slight itching throughout the day but as soon as I lay down at night I experience severe itching. It's all over too but no rash or hives. I am scratching myself so hard that it leaves marks and am even bleeding in some places. I changed my sheets tonight just to make sure that it's not something with that. Anyone have any ideas?

It's pretty common to have itching. Invest in a good quality body wash and lotion. You can also use Benadryl and hydrocortisone cream. I also broke out in serious hives the day I got home from the hospital. Had to take Prednisone for a week. It was AWFUL. You can also try adding a fish oil supplement.

I would also have them check you for cholastasis which one symptom is severe itching hand and feet more so at night. Its caused by liver problems and could be diagnosed just by a blood test, its important to not push it off.

I had that with a gallbladder removal and it was an allergy to percocet

I'm having the same itching issues and am planning to see an allergist or dermatologist. The itching is causing my skin to darken in areas. The itching is on my arms, upper back and kneck line, tried the cortisone cream and allergy pills none are helping. Will keep you all posted.

I developed a red rash consisting of small dots clustered on my abdomen, in u shapes beneath my breasts, not near my scars, one week post-op. I got sleeved on April 27th, I still have this rash and it has developed into a monster of a welted, hideous red massive bumpy regions and it has migrated up to the sides of my breasts, around my incisions, and even under my biceps. It's awful. I've been on two cycles of the 6-day steroid dosages, a steroid cream, and I've been popping Benadryl like it's going out of style. The rash began just as an ugly thing, now it's extremely painful and exceedingly itchy. I have been referred to a dermotologist, we will see. It's extremely stressful and frustrating to have this on top of adjusting to eating close to nothing.

Edited by LadyRouge