Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a week post op today, I didn't feel Hungary at all until Monday, but Jello or Protein Shake would help! Starting yesterday I was able to add things like pudding, creamy Soups and oatmeal, but I don't feel full after eating and now sure when to stop! Has anyone else experienced this? I thought I would have a full feeling after being able to add more things to my diet, why don't I??

Hiya. I am in day 2 of pureed fiids after 4 weeks of liquids and I am feeling the same as you. I can drink freely with no problems and I have been eating the same amounts as people say that they are absolutely stuffed on, like 1 pureed scrambled egg with about a 3rd if a tin of pureed baked Beans but although Im lucky to feel no paun and discomfort eating it I also feel no restriction with this whatsoever. I know people will say its head hunger, but I have dieted long enough to tell the difference. I am not drinking an hour before or after eating. And I am taking antacids twice a day. I have not continued to eat anything else after I have finished what I have in my plate but I definitely think Im going to have to up the portion size because constant hunger was one of the reasons I had the sleeve and I don't want to go through all of this to feel the same. But at the same time, I dont want to do my sleeve any damage. I now its only early days and I am hoping it will be a lot different when I start solids in a few weeks.

I'm glad your coming along! I'm glad I'm not the only one!!! Idk I just thought is eat what I could and be of full to finish, I'll prob wait to see how it goes for this month then ask the doc when I see him next month for my one month...I hope I can be successful with this too esp since I've come this far!!

A lot of the reason you're not feeling the restriction yet is your nerve endings are still raw from surgery. They're going to be like this for a few weeks. That is why you are supposed to measure everything in the first few weeks. Because even if you don't feel it, you can damage your sleeve by eating too much or make yourself sick. Stick with your program to the letter. Even if you don't feel full, you are probably full. Measure your food and don't graze. Make sure you are chewing slowly. You are probably experiencing head hunger too. You brain thinks, "we usually eat more than this" and so you don't feel right only eating the small portion your measurement yields. If you are still having trouble, go ahead and call your doc's office or your NUT. No sense in waiting a whole month being miserable.

Im sure when we are on solid food we will see the difference. Someone said that I might be able to get a bit more in at this stage because I am healing well and the swelling went down quicker. So im sticking with that story! I can try mushy food in 2 weeks, then solids 2 weeks after that so judging by what I have seen thats when we will start to feel it. Otherwise I will be camping outside my surgeons house until he takes a little bit more stomach away! ????

Thats very helpful beachgurl84 thank you. Can I ask when people are measuring their pureed food, how much are they having approx at a meal? Just so I dont over eat if Im not feeling full.

It varies depending on the food you are eating. Did your doctors office provide you with any paperwork that discusses what you can eat at this stage? I bet there is info in there about how much of what. And don't forget, the food isn't as important right now as your fluids.

Thats very helpful beachgurl84 thank you. Can I ask when people are measuring their pureed food, how much are they having approx at a meal? Just so I dont over eat if Im not feeling full.

I just went back and looked at my food log from when I was in purees, and I was eating about half a cup to a cup depending on how thick or thin the food was. Like pureed hot and sour Soup, one cup. But if it was refried Beans, only half a cup. Hope that helps!

A lot of the reason you're not feeling the restriction yet is your nerve endings are still raw from surgery. They're going to be like this for a few weeks. That is why you are supposed to measure everything in the first few weeks. Because even if you don't feel it, you can damage your sleeve by eating too much or make yourself sick. Stick with your program to the letter. Even if you don't feel full, you are probably full. Measure your food and don't graze. Make sure you are chewing slowly. You are probably experiencing head hunger too. You brain thinks, "we usually eat more than this" and so you don't feel right only eating the small portion your measurement yields. If you are still having trouble, go ahead and call your doc's office or your NUT. No sense in waiting a whole month being miserable.

Thank you so much that makes so much sense!! :)