Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I'm officially freaking out. I had surgery 16 months ago. I have lost 87 pounds and still have 50 to go to get to my goal weight of 120.

I was doing really well until about 4 months ago. (Around the Holidays). Since then I have been yo-yo'ing back and forth between 163 pounds and 170 pounds which is where I am today.

I have been doing a lot of stress/boredom eating lately. I am really worried that I am stretching out my stomach because I feel less full on the 4-6 ounce portions than I used to.

I am pretty disciplined during the day while I am at work but at night I find myself slipping back into horrible habits. For instance, last night I ate an entire grilled ham and cheese sandwich for dinner. Not half a sandwich as I used to and I could have eaten more! I am also eating very quickly again. Gobbling down food like I am starving.

I am really struggling and need a support system now more than ever. I know that I am making poor choices and I am trying to get my head back in the game. I am dealing with a lot of guilt and disappointment in myself but definitely need to get back on track.

Advice? Thoughts? I am okay with "real" advice but please don't be mean, I have enough of that going on my own head.

Thanks,

I had a bad two weeks of eating lot's of sweets and bad carbs. This week I am back on track. I am not eating any sweets, breads, Pasta, or rice. I have 6 more pounds until I am at goal so I figure I need to suck it up now. I've just been having a cup of tea when I feel like I want to eat something I shouldn't.

I work out everyday so I don't have much to improve on that part but you might make a goal of what workouts you will do this week and then make a reward if you hit it. I know it's hard to be good all the time so I just told myself I am going to be good for an entire week and look Wednesday is almost over :)

~LA

Well if there's an easy way to stay on track, I sure don't know what it is. It just seems to me to be a mental place we need to be, of being convinced that staying on track is the only option.

I think I know the big difference between healthy, normal-sized people and obese people:

Healthy people get back on the horse.

Obese people don't.

See that animal over there with a saddle on it? Yup, the horse.

Whatcha gonna do now?

Edited by VSGAnn2014