Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 months postop- nagging nausea

I'm two months po, have had nausea for the last 3_4 weeks. Taking PPI, ACTIGOL, reglan and cerafate. Last two meds started for nausea 3 weeks ago. I never throw up and it doesnt relate ti any th hing I eat, matter of fact I barely eat or drink bc im soooo nauseous. Reglan and carafatw seemed to help at.first, but now not so much. Ive stopped losing wieght, I'm sure due to lack of calories/fluids. I have talked to nurse about it, they say "sometimes this us how it is for some people for a few months." That's not too reassuring. Anyone else deal with this?

That Doesn't sound pleasant at all, have you spoken to your actual surgeon? And not just his nurse?

We all have to go through nurse, she talked to him about it a few weeks ago and he started me on the carafate and reglan, he was thinking I may have some gastritis issues. It did help at first, but not so much now. I wake up nauseous and feel that way all day. The thought of putting anything in my mouth to eat or drink makes my stomach roll. It's really making me regret my surgery. I went from a fat person who felt pretty good to a fairly smaller fat person who is sick all the time. Dr/Nurse say that some people have continuing nausea through the early months after surgery and they basically have to just "push through it" lol.. say it usually passes around the 6 month mark! so 4 more months of this ;(

Could it be your gallbladder? i had and emergency op last month to get mine removed, i suffered extreme nausea which did not go away and a couple of days later i was on the operating table getting the gallbladder removed as i had a stone stuck in the gallbladder wall causing inflammation. i had small pains under my right breast but i really didnt notice it as much as the nausea was so overwhelming that all i wanted was something to stop that feeling!. FYI under the right breast is where the gallbladder is located. If you have the same symptoms i strongly suggest you go and see a medical practitioner.

no, no pains. I'm taking that gall bladder med to help prevent that, i'm sure it's not 100% but I don't thinkg thats it. I am going to call tomorrow and see what they say. Probably more of the same. It makes it almost impossible to get in foods and liquid. I never throw up, sometimes i wish I would hoping it would help it pass.

I am so sorry for you, this sounds miserable. I hope they find some relief for you soon.

I'm 4weeks out post op. I was plagued by this as well first cpl weeks. I still have my moments, but don't seem to want to eat drink, like you. Saw the Dr last week who said everything looked good & it's all just a trial & error process. Wasn't concerned yet with my lack if eating/drinking. I've really pushed myself this week to eat more/drink more. However, like you, my wt is at a standstill. I'm sure from lack if Water & Protein. Hang in there. If broth works try going back to that & restarting.

I'm at the end of my 3rd week post op. This week I've felt very tired and fatigued. I feel faint when I stand which concerns me and at times my lips look purple :/ I have not lost any weight this week.not sure if it's because I'm barely eating or because when I do its not a great choice. Im on soft foods but have a hard time eating more that 3-4 bites or spoons. EverythING I swallow hurts. I feel little pains at my incision sites once food is down. To help ease the swallow, I've been eating Soups like broccoli cheese Soup from Jason's deli, smoothies and soupy mashed potatoes.maybe it's too much carbs. I will also sip yogurt smoothies Or a bit of applesauce. An avocado the other day almost made me throw up. I dont know why. But i could not lay down or id feel it coming back up.I'm still barely eating. I wonder if Protein shakes will help with energy and boost weightloss?

Also, everything I eat I feel sitting in my throat. Like it wants to come up but it doesn't.

I was the same way. I stopped eating the soft pureed foods & went back to Protein Shakes, yogurts & puddings & it's helped. The pain when eating has gotten better & the nausea this week is better. I had one day of feeling faint & weak & Protein Shake helped.

I just started being nauseous two days ago, I'm 8 weeks out, I hag tests run yesterday and everything came back fine but I'm the same way I can't stand to eat our barely drink I can't stand the thought of food, I'm convinced it's gallbladder but no tests showed it

I'm better today, how are you?

@HMR HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH THE NAUSEA NOW???