Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So before I got banded I never felt like I loved food or anything like that. well, since the surgery i miss food like crazy. i miss eating sandwiches, i miss just stopping at a resturant and not having to worry about if the food will go down and stay down or not. I have been banded since December 8 and really have not lost much weight at all and it's frustrating like only 20 pounds if that. I don't think my band needs to be tighter either because i almost always get the sliming affect after i eat and it gets to be so much that i have to throw it up. so, if i was able to see the results from not eating the foods that i miss i think that i would be ok, but not being able to eat anything i want and not losing much weight is really getting frustrated. Any advice about how to forget about food and lose weight faster?

Thanks!

Rachel

Sorry that it not going the way you want it to.

Are you counting calories?

drinking about 64 oz liquid?

exercising?

Give it your ALL.

best wishes,

edie

I know what you mean as far as missing food, I would love a good ole bologna sandwich, or to eat in public without being scared it will get stuck, it never does but it is scary. But I would have to admit I have lost alot of weight and I think the trade off is worth it. But there is some things I would love to have again but are gone for good.

I'm not counting calories because i am not able to eat a whole lot. i do have my occasional eating a candy bar because that doesn't get stuck and i know it's wrong and that delays it some, but we're human. i try to get about 64 in, but at times it gets short and exercising yes, but i need to step it up more. i work nights and so i would so much rather sleep than work out, but i know i need to find more time for it. thanks for writing back!!

keep up the good work...would you have lost the weight before the band and still have kept it of? its not easy and i too have bad days but when i think of what i have achieved . the good days win hands down...i too miss sandwiches but im learning to eat other foods... you can do it kym