Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am a couple weeks out now and at the point where I am to start my Vitamins. I ordered everything chewable or dissolvable from Celebrate. I cannot!!! keep the big chewable mulitivit in without wretching and frothing. I have tried with and without food and nothing seems to be helping. Any advice?

Why are you taking a chewable in the first place? If you are a couple of weeks out now, you should have no trouble swallowing pills. I've been swallowing all my vitamins/supplements in pill form since 7 days post op. Did your surgeon say you need to take a chewable for some reason?

@@lucy0911 - Talk to your doctor. I was allowed to return to regular pills after 6 weeks. If you are someone who has difficulties swallowing pills you may want to look into liquid vitamins instead.

My doc requires chewable for a month

@@lucy0911 - ask if liquids would be an acceptable option. If you are allowed apple sauce or nut butter, you can try crushing them and mixing them in that. it may help mask the taste a bit.

Oh yuck.....there is no way I could do a chewable. I have always had trouble swallowing any size pill. My thyroid med is so tiny I almost lose it when I try to take it. LOL My Bariatric Advantage Vitamins are huge to me but I just take my time and get them down.

I agree with blerdgirl.....check with your doc and see what else you can do. These are something that you have to take forever I hope you can find an easier way to get them down.

I hope so too....I go back tomorrow so hopefully I can get this taken care of. This is just gross

I am required to do chewable or liquid for a month. Have you tried crushing it and hiding it in food? I am still pre-op, but I was given multiple samples of vits. Are you taking them with food? I am so afraid this will be me in 3 weeks. (Surg day is Feb 18) good luck!

I have tried everything..lol..it's just nasty..makes me so sick..can't wait for tomorrow

Good news from the NP this am...swallowing full pills now allowed!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches