Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled with Dr. Alejandro Lopez at VIDA Hospital Feb or March

Hello Fellow Sleevers,

Trying to see if anyone is scheduled with Dr. Alejandro Lopez at Vida Hospital. I'm scheduled in March 2015 and just learned that he is no longer with the former company. Curious to hear about any recent experiences.

Edited by SleevedNFree

I was sleeved by Dr. Lopez last November but it was at Mi Doctor Hospital. You can find my experience here: http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/320791-Kristen%27s-Journey-From-Pre-Op-and-Beyond

@@mdlange, when you feel well enough can you give us an update?

@ - thanks so much for the response. Huge congrats on your success - amazing results!!!!! Wishing you continued success.

I was sleeved by Dr. Lopez last November but it was at Mi Doctor Hospital. You can find my experience here: http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/320791-Kristen%27s-Journey-From-Pre-Op-and-Beyond

@ - thanks so much for the response. Huge congrats on your success - amazing results!!!!! Wishing you continued success.

Thanks! It's definitely a lot of hard work and dedication but I would do it all over again. I hope you have a good experience. If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

Thanks so much for the response. I'm scheduled in March. However, Dr. Lopez is no longer with Specialized Bariatrics. This interim change has caused me to grow more concerned about the logistics and team. I hear Dr. Lopez is really good, so that helps. Just dont' want any surprises or diminished quality of work. Would love to hear more about your experience.

Thanks! It's definitely a lot of hard work and dedication but I would do it all over again. I hope you have a good experience. If you have any questions I would be happy to help.

That's interesting. I know he was with ALighterMe at one point then he partnered with Mexico Bariatric Center but then he started Specialized Bariatrics with his wife. As far as I can tell their website is still up and running, they even updated it recently. Have you spoken to their coordinator, Cathy?

I actually have been in communication with him and his assistant. There seems to be a lot of changes right now..... Will continue to inquire until I have solid answers.

That's interesting. I know he was with ALighterMe at one point then he partnered with Mexico Bariatric Center but then he started Specialized Bariatrics with his wife. As far as I can tell their website is still up and running, they even updated it recently. Have you spoken to their coordinator, Cathy?

@@mdlange, when you feel well enough can you give us an update?

Hi everybody! My VSG surgery was last Wednesday Feb 4. I used Dr. alejandro lopez with Specialized Bariatrics at Vida Hospital. Walking into the hospital was like walking into an Architectural Digest photo shoot! Absolutely beautiful, state of the art. My husband and I were treated so very well there by everyone we came into contact with. Every step was discussed, explained until we no longer had any questions. The surgery went very well, recovery was painful but tolerable. I was up and walking the next morning, trolling the halls. I was in a private room Thursday morning and it was super fancy! Silk quilts, infinity marble sinks. But super low toilets. They seriously need to get taller toilets! OK, so I start drinking, expecting the worse, and wow, no issues! I can drink Water, broth, gatorade, anything I want! And plenty of it! On Thursday I guess I slept a little too much and didn't get enough Fluid in and got a horrible headache. I sipped-sipped-sipped it away! No drugs needed, just more hydration. Released from hospital Friday, started running low grade fever Friday night. Sandra, our coordinator, came to the hotel, took my temp and called the Dr. He spoke with my husband on the phone and said this was not out of the ordinary but he wanted to stay on top of it. Sandra went out and picked up a prescription for me and brought it back to the hotel (that always happens in the US, right?!?). I ran a little temp on and off Fri-Sun. Never higher than 100. Fever free since Sunday evening. Trip home was easy-peasy. Drinking plenty of Protein shakes, broth, Water, ION drinks, and doing great! I do get weary in the afternoons, so I sit down for a while, sometimes nap. I have lost 10 pounds in this past week. I would do this all over again in a hot minute! I am eternally grateful to the veterans on this site like @ who guided me through this entire experience and kept me from freaking out. The only way I can repay their generosity is to pay it forward! I love being on the LOSERS BENCH!

@@mdlange,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am actually scheduled on March 4th with Dr. Lopez. I've been having reservations because he is no longer with Specialized Bariatrics although I've been assured there will be no change in the services rendered - surgical staff, hospital (VIDA), hotel (Marriott) or any other logistics. Hearing from you helps to calm me a bit. I'm so glad to hear all went well for you and that you are losing quite well. Hoping to hear more and to share my story too. All the best!!!!!

Hi everybody! My VSG surgery was last Wednesday Feb 4. I used Dr. alejandro lopez with Specialized Bariatrics at Vida Hospital. Walking into the hospital was like walking into an Architectural Digest photo shoot! Absolutely beautiful, state of the art. My husband and I were treated so very well there by everyone we came into contact with. Every step was discussed, explained until we no longer had any questions. The surgery went very well, recovery was painful but tolerable. I was up and walking the next morning, trolling the halls. I was in a private room Thursday morning and it was super fancy! Silk quilts, infinity marble sinks. But super low toilets. They seriously need to get taller toilets! OK, so I start drinking, expecting the worse, and wow, no issues! I can drink Water, broth, gatorade, anything I want! And plenty of it! On Thursday I guess I slept a little too much and didn't get enough Fluid in and got a horrible headache. I sipped-sipped-sipped it away! No drugs needed, just more hydration. Released from hospital Friday, started running low grade fever Friday night. Sandra, our coordinator, came to the hotel, took my temp and called the Dr. He spoke with my husband on the phone and said this was not out of the ordinary but he wanted to stay on top of it. Sandra went out and picked up a prescription for me and brought it back to the hotel (that always happens in the US, right?!?). I ran a little temp on and off Fri-Sun. Never higher than 100. Fever free since Sunday evening. Trip home was easy-peasy. Drinking plenty of Protein shakes, broth, Water, ION drinks, and doing great! I do get weary in the afternoons, so I sit down for a while, sometimes nap. I have lost 10 pounds in this past week. I would do this all over again in a hot minute! I am eternally grateful to the veterans on this site like @ who guided me through this entire experience and kept me from freaking out. The only way I can repay their generosity is to pay it forward! I love being on the LOSERS BENCH!

Soooooo happy to hear your update! It sounds like you had a textbook recovery. Sandra was my coordinator too. Isn't she the sweetest? Very attentive and reassuring.

Staying hydrated is a daily job. I have to stick with a schedule or I get the tell-tale dehydration headache. It's miserable! I start my day with 20 oz of hot tea, drink 32 oz of water throughout the day, then drink another 20 oz of hot tea before bed.

@@SleevedNFree , you have already made the best decision of your life! You will love Dr. Lopez and his staff. Vida is incredible. I spoke with a lady there who had VSG 11 years ago by Dr. Lopez and she had returned to him for a Tummy Tuck and boob job. She looked so fit! She said it was the best decision she ever made. If you have any questions, give me a holler.

@@mdlange - huge thank you for the encouragement. I'm very excited and a bit nervous. Your post yesterday was so timely as I was on the fence about moving forward. Shortly before your post, I made the decision to move forward and then when I saw your post about your experience, it was confirmation that I'm on the right path. I'm taking this road through much prayer and hope to get my weight under control.

Let me know how to reach you as I would love to ask you more questions to gain greater insight. :-) A huge thank in advance.

@@SleevedNFree , you have already made the best decision of your life! You will love Dr. Lopez and his staff. Vida is incredible. I spoke with a lady there who had VSG 11 years ago by Dr. Lopez and she had returned to him for a Tummy Tuck and boob job. She looked so fit! She said it was the best decision she ever made. If you have any questions, give me a holler.

@@SleevedNFree I work from home and can hop on this site whenever I see someone has posted, so this is probably the best way to reach me.

Also, DO NOT worry about Tijuana. I arrived a full day before my surgery and had the chance to wander around. It is a cool town! I never once felt threatened or unsafe. Cabs and buses abound, lots of english speaking folks, everyone is very friendly. My husband was able to sample a new restaurant every evening, the guys at the Marriott were great about references. He bought lights for our home, lots of souvenirs, and wandered around the Walmart with is between the hospital and the hotel. He said everyone was great!

Today is 1 week 1 day for me. I am having zero difficulty drinking my 64 ounces. I am adding GENEPRO powder to anything I drink so I am getting plenty of Protein. I had egg drop Soup yesterday and did just fine. I have had a few bites of chicken breast and had zero problems. I have never puked or even felt nauseous. I was so worried that everything about me would change, and so far, except for feeling tired in the afternoons, everything is normal. Except I don't devour every morsel of food I can see! I have not felt hungry even one time!

SleevedNfree- how are you able to contact Dr. Lopez. I'm scheduled for March and I have paid my deposit and more. I did not get an email but I am finding out what's going on through reading yours and other post. I've emailed my coordinator I had through specialized bariatrics and I get a generic message about contract negotiations. Can you please please please give me the number or the email address you are using to contact Dr. Lopez directly. I am truly bothered by this especially now that I can't reach anyone and they are no longer responding to my email. I know my date is not until March 16th but I need to know everything is still on. Thanks if you can help.