Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery was today-PLEASE help.

I think all in all things went as expected. I know there is pain. My nausea is so bad that anytime I drink it hits my stomach I feel like I'm going to throw up. I'm on phen. & tornadol. (spelling?) I guess what I did expect was not being able to drink almost anything. Stomach feels just too sick. Not using restroom since I'm really havibg hard time drinking.,My mom is worried I'll get dehydrated.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

I had nausea and I had to get off of the pain meds. they finally gave me a phenagran (sp) suppository to stop the nausea. you do not want to be throwing up . once I got off the pain meds and got the nausea under control I was better. You need to sip on fluids if possible. are you at home or in hospital?

Thanks for replying Sharpie. I feel alone. I'm at home. I feel so sick and bad pain. I wish I was in hospital.

I had mine 4 days ago, and I have shoulder pain and also I have like a pain by the band part of my stomach, when I swallow or take a breath. Not sure if this is sore or it hurts, really. Is this normal. I pray you get better, cuz it is an ugly feeling. They did tell me to walk..

So ended up admitted last night. So glad I called doctor. I couldn't keep anything down. Dry heaves, throwing up and I was severely dehydrated. The gas pains I expected. I've walked a lot but then I'd get sick. Being in the hospital I've had the fluids and meds I've been able to walk. I keep reminding myself what everyone has said that it will all be worth it. Keeping my mind on that. @ Stephanie. I think it's all normal. I've been massaging my shoulder to loosen the gas, walking and using my airlife pump to do my breaths. Prayers to you too. Keep in touch.

Glad you called your Dr. throwing up is not good with the band.

to

I had mine 4 days ago, and I have shoulder pain and also I have like a pain by the band part of my stomach, when I swallow or take a breath. Not sure if this is sore or it hurts, really. Is this normal. I pray you get better, cuz it is an ugly feeling. They did tell me to walk..

the shoulder pain is something we all go through. A heating pad works great and of course moving around helps. the gas will dissipate soon. there is a nerve that runs in the area you are describing, it is the vagal nerve.

The shoulder pain was horrible for me... Felt like something was in there clawing together out.... Take gas x and the heating pad..... That's what my dr said to do and within a few hours all better

I was banded Thursday. I took the gas x but not sure if it helped any. The heating pad really helped my shoulder and chest pains I was having from gas. I am totally not hungry at all and taken sips of Water which feels weird going down but I figured I have to get used to havering a band on me. Each day I get a little better. Today I went outside and got a little light headed but all and all it was good. You got this we all got this.