Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Dianne, I went to school in Lebanon and my family lives in Eldridge...but I now live in Camdenton, still not very far away...anyway it is so great to talk to someone so close to me and in my home town...I would like to join a support group if you guys get one in Lebanon...Cindy

GrannyK, are you listening? There are 3 of us so far for a support group in our area. Do you know of others? Or can we make it work for now with the three of us? Let us know and we can set a time and place for a 1st meeting.

Hi Diane,

I tried sending you an e-mail with information about myself but I don't think it went through. No I don't know of any more Lebanon banders but I'd love to get together with you two for coffee or something sometime and discuss it. I really don't have time to organize a support group but would love to be a part of one.

So do you have a surgery date set yet?

Best of luck!!

Hello everyone! I went to all the appointments. All is well. They didn't have any white jackets for me after seeing Katie! They can be sneaky:lol:. I have my last appointment with Dr. Edwards to make my surgery appointment June 10th! My 25th anniverary is June 11th. That will be my last supper for a while, i guess. It's so exciting. I was so glad to meet Legster at the behavorial meeting. You look Good!! How was that size 12.:thumbup: Looked Good!! Talk to youn's later!!

I got my 1st fill today, 5 cc's in my 14 cc band. I'm on liquids for 24 hours then mushies for another 24, so it'll be Saturday before I find out if I have any restriction. liquids are going down without any problem. I'm crossing my fingers and toes, but I know it usually takes 3 to 5 fills to reach the sweet spot.

As of this morning I'm down to 201.8, down 11.4 since surgery. I was soooo hoping to be below 200, but no such luck.

I just need to learn to be patient. :thumbup:

I got my 1st fill today, 5 cc's in my 14 cc band. I'm on liquids for 24 hours then mushies for another 24, so it'll be Saturday before I find out if I have any restriction. Liquids are going down without any problem. I'm crossing my fingers and toes, but I know it usually takes 3 to 5 fills to reach the sweet spot.

As of this morning I'm down to 201.8, down 11.4 since surgery. I was soooo hoping to be below 200, but no such luck.

I just need to learn to be patient. :(

WOW...just 1.9 from WUNDERLAND!!!!! You go GIRL!

Let us know when you hit!!!I'm pullin for you!

Kookie, it was nice meeting you! The size 12 is working...but not by much. I tried to allow for a little "shrinkage" (lol) to come, hopefully soon!

KJL, congrats on almost making it to ONEderland! You'll be there soon at this rate!

How did I miss this thread?? Hi everyone in Springfield or near by! How about that weather last night? In Spfd it seemed like a lot to do about nothing.

I finally set up my surgery date....7-14. Seems like such a long wait since I started in March but my schedule was full of dogs and people on vacation so I blocked out that week. Hope it is a luck one.

You guys have all done so well! It makes me excited to read about people I could actually be seeing around town and not even know they used to have a weight problem:biggrin2:

Hello!:thumbup: i have a few questions. do sugar free popsicles count towards Water and when do you get to eat desserts with your meals or what?:confused2:

Hey Kookie! As far as drinking Water, I don't see why a popsicle wouldn't count toward the daily total. You get water from a lot of fruits and veggies, too! I usually just count what I drink from a glass, but if you know you are close to having proper water intake and know you got some from other sources (like a popsicle) I don't see anything wrong with counting it in.

Since it started getting warmer, I've been making sun tea with the Lipton Decaffeinated tea bags and sweetening it with stevia (herbal sweetener). It's really been hitting the spot and I don't have any trouble getting my water in! :-)

I reserve my dessert eating for special occasions. If it's one of those occasions and we're eating out, I just get Soup that will slide on through for my meal, then have the dessert. Otherwise, I just have very small portions a couple of hours after a main meal. That way, I get to taste it, but don't go crazy or feel like I've been deprived.

Just use your own common sense and you'll do fine. :-)

How did I miss this thread?? Hi everyone in Springfield or near by! How about that weather last night? In Spfd it seemed like a lot to do about nothing.

Welcome to this thread and congrats on getting a date for surgery! It will be here before you know it.

I managed to sleep through the tornado siren, so I'm glad it was a non-event in the city! Yeesh.

If you have any questions, we'll try to answer them!

Thanks, Legster. When i say desserts, i mean pudding, Jello, popsicles the stuff they say you can have. or do they go along with dinner. It's summer time and i like to have a popsicle once in awhile.:confused2:

Thanks, Legster. When i say desserts, i mean pudding, Jello, popsicles the stuff they say you can have. or do they go along with dinner. It's summer time and i like to have a popsicle once in awhile.:confused2:

My opinion, you could have any of that any time you want. :confused:

Hi all:

I haven't posted in a while, but I have visited this thread often, especially when I start to feel alittle discouraged. It's so nice to know you're not alone.

I've had two fills so far, going in for the third today. I have lost about 30 lbs so far, and I am now at a standstill. I don't think I have lost any since my second fill about two and a half weeks ago. I have upped my walking to two and a quarter miles a day (which is a big accomplishment for me) and started the weight training suggested by Amy, but for some reason, I can't quite get past the 30 lbs mark. I have been dreading my weigh-in today because I'm afraid I may have gained. I could use some pointers on how to get through this plateau if anyone has some. For some reason, 30 lbs was always where my dieting would stop before because I couldn't get over this hump. I would get discouraged, and give up. I don't want to repeat my past mistakes. I've spent too much money on this to give up now. Maybe this fill will help get me motivated again. It surely can't hurt!!

Till next time,

kathy

Oh good idea on the eating out Legster. I wondered how I would handle it in general but Soup would slip right through and I love soup so no one would think it horrible I wasn't eating what they are eating. Just can't imagine the whole PB thing in public. We need to come up with something else to call that because it is ruining Peanut Butter for me.

Kathy,

Don't be discouraged by the scales. In fact, maybe you should go a couple of weeks without weighing. Weighing too often tends to get us down and focused only on that part of the journey. We should instead look at the BIG picture. Are you able to walk that distance faster today than yesterday? How are your clothes fitting?

It's great that you are also weight training and while that is good for you, it takes a while to actually build the muscle that will amp up your metabolism.

Just keep your eyes on the prize...and don't look back at past failures.