Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

Hello everyone, can u believe this crazy weather, freezing temps. tonight and it the end of April, I now have to cover my tomatoes....Anyway I was wondering if their is a Dr. in Springfield who will take new fill patients? I have an appt in KC on June 2nd but was wondering if their was one closer to me....plus I have to wait 8 weeks post op to get my first fill...What about Dr Edwards? and can u give me his phone #? Thanks Cindy

Dr Edwards # is (417) 820-3800.

:confused2: Hey, can anyone tell me how to get my picture on by my name, i see it others. i'm no looker, i like to see peoples faces when i chat, thought maybe there would be others like me. thanks!

So, May 12! Thats my big day! It seems like this has been the longest journey ever, when, in reality, its only been 2 months since my 1st visit with Dr Edwards. I am still so impressed with him and his staff. Although, I'm a tad cranky today. Its my 2nd day on liquids. Yuck. Not digging this AT ALL. I will be on medical leave for 3 weeks, so I"m looking forward to a nice little vacation. I am really looking forward to loosing the first 20 pounds or so. I think after that, I will really feel encouraged to get up and work my butt off. I renewed my gym membership last week. So, I'm all set! I've even bought some 'skinny' clothes for motivation!Hope all is well!-Jess

Cool! My surgery date is May 9th. I started my liquid diet on April 25th. I have lost 9 pounds already! The liquid diet is tough but it does seem to get a little easier.... The second week is what is going to suck BAD! All liquid will be hard!!

So you're just a few days ahead of me? Awesome! I am officially on my 2nd day of the liquid diet. He also advised me to stop taking my wellbutrin and adavan. So, to say the least, I'm a fat chick without food and without her meds. I'm a tad grouchy! I think this is worse than when I quit smoking! The weird thing is though, during my 'normal' meal, food just doesn't taste right.

Does anyone have any any suggestons on better tasting shakes? ?? I"m doing the slim fast low carb ones and they suck. I can barely stomach one, much less two a day. I don't know what I'm going to do next week when thats all I can have. Any suggestions would be welcome!

And has anyone talked to Dr Edwards about wiether or not they're staying in the hospital even over night? He told me he would normally let me go home same day, but seeing as how I live over an hour away, he wasn't sure. I'm not sure I can stand that car ride the same day. Urg...

-Jess

Jess and Holly, Congrats on getting so close to your surgery date. I don't have any advice for your pre-op diet. I didn't have to do that. But a shake that I found is made by "Kashi". I found it at a health food store in Independence. There should be a store like it near you. I tried the chocolate one and it was pretty good. I haven't tried the vanilla one yet. One thing I did like about it is that it has alot of Fiber in it. That helps to keep you feeling fuller longer.

As far as the slim-fast go, I found that I can not drink it from the can. I have to pour it into a glass. There's just something about the tinny taste. I also but the 20 ounce Water bottles from Wal-Mart. I than buy the best value brand drink mixes. Orange sunrise is my favorite. I have one of those in the morning and than I have a pink lemonade in the afternoon. Hope this helps out. Also the 20 ounce bottles help me keep track of how much water I am getting a day. Shoot for 100 ounces. I know that sounds alot but you'll get used to it.

Cindy, I was so looking forward to inviting you to lunch when you were coming up to see Malley. If you change your mind about it, let me know. I would love to meet up with you. I am still planning on being your way this July and was going to give you a heads up about it. Maybe someday we'll meet.

Everyone have a great day.

Congrats to you both- so close together.

I can not do any slim-fast... I still like Atkins choc. delight/cold in the can , Or making a shake like... Peanut Butter cups.

You should be able to go home the same day, just make sure you don't get rushed out of the hosp. and DO have some meds on hand for the ride home. Good luck to you both.

I went to the meeting at the library, and next time they are having a Protein "swap". I'm taking some stuff I've got sitting around... if I go.

Enjoy the weather, it will change soon- as always!

Suziecat- I actually still have my appt in KC, I was just kinda throwing that idea around...but I think since I am already set up w Dr Malley, that I will just stay with him....so we can meet after all. My 2 friend really like him and so do you so I will stay where I'm at, I guess 3 hours isn't all that bad...LOL...and can just make it a fun day....Cindy

Hey Jessie... and everyone. I went to the healthy supermarket place and bought a BIG tub of the chocolate drink. It has lots of Protein in it. One scoop has 22 grams of protein in it. It's awesome. Sometimes it's hard to get down but I just started my ALLL liquid diet today and it is tough. I ended up eating a protein bar in the middle of the day cause i couldn't take it anymore. I went to my pre admission and they told me i would be having the surgery in the Surgery Center and would not be staying overnight. The only reason they would do that is if you had any complications. I am excited!!!! I think right now I am more excited just to have some time off of work!! Hehe :party: I need a break. I am only going to take 7 or 8 days off. Anyways it's comin up!!! YAY!

:thumbup:Hello everyone, i now have a face. lol out loud! thanks for the help. please no request to have it taken off. especially chelsi! i had my first meeting with Dr. Edwards. i spent more time writing the check than with him. hee hee! i have an appointment the 12th with the behaviorial health class, and the 19th is the dietary & exercise rehab. i'm so excited!!!:party:

holly and kookie, I'm so excited for you! I still really can't stand having my picture taken so there won't be a pic of me for a while yet! Old habits die hard, ya know.

You have likely seen this tip else where, but be sure to bring something very loose fitting to the hospital (I got a cheapy "duster/robe" at K-Mart) to wear home and bring a pillow to place between yourself and the seat belt.

One other thing, if you use one of those foam square pillows in the hospital, you know, it's kinda scooped out for your head...take off the pillowcase and bring it home. (Just ask them if you feel funny taking it hehe) They don't re-use those and it is perfect for placing on your abdomen toward the right side before laying down on your side. With that pillow, I was able to sleep on my side from the very first night...no recliner for me!

Be sure to keep us informed here. I think more people read here than reply (myself included) but don't think we aren't looking for your updates!

Edited by legster

thanks for the encouragement legster and keep up the good work! i have found out that i'm gonna be a grandma around Dec, now i can be a skinny one and be able to do lots of stuff with him/her. i only have 1 child and am looking forward to grand babies.:frown:

I am on my second day of the liquid diet. Yesterday I cheated and ate a Protein Bar during lunch and then when I got home from work at 9pm I couldn't stand it so I ate a bowl of Soup. Today I am trying to stay with the all liquids thing but I am struggling bad. I AM SOOOOOO HUNGRY. :frown: My stomache keeps keeps growling and it aches. I just want to eat! I don't even care how healthy the food is I want to eat something. A piece of lettuce would be nice even! I don't know if i can make it through this all liquids part. I feel a little discouraged about it. ...:)

Love your new avatar! Pretty!

Sorry to hear you are struggling on the pre-op diet. Have you looked in the food forum for some ideas to keep it from being too boring? Here is a link to it, but keep in mind if it doesn't go along with what your Dr. recommends for this phase, then you should pass on it. Different Dr.s have different guidelines. Hope this helps!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/liquid-stage-recipes-17636/