Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 16th- Surgery Day!

Hi Everyone!

This is my very first time posting here ????

My surgical date is set for Monday Feb 16th (12 days! Yay!) And I had a few things I was curious about so I figured I'd ask you guys! PS: I'm having the vsg procedure done

How much weight should I expect to really lose in my first month??

Any good recipes for pureed meat? ? The idea of pureed meat grosses me out for some reason lol!

How quickly do you go through clothes/ how often do you get to buy smaller clothes??

Thanks! ????

I am having surgery on the 16th as well! I think for the most part everybody is different and it will be according to your body! Good Luck!!

Hi! I'm being operated on on the 16th too. Really nervous & finding the pre-op diet hard. I don't like the shakes & am only consuming 2 a day instead of required 3 & last night found it too hard to eat just "green" vegetables. It's making me depressed. I've got constant headaches/migraine since I started 5 days ago. How are you all doing? It making me want to sleep the days away. Sorry to be such a downer. I did this diet before being lapbanded (which didn't work for me) & didn't find it this hard. I'm being really tough on myself & sticking to the diet so strictly I think it's messing with my head. Hope you are doing better than me. Would like to hear how your going!

I am doing okay with the pre-op diet but like you the first week was HELL! It will get better just getting you ready for the surgery!

Heyyy Everyone! ???? I'm Kaeley!

So excited to have surgery buddies! Yayyy!

The pre-op diet BLOWS! Lol

You aren't being a downer @@jojo23 you are being honest! Lol

I've been doing a lot of research about pre-surgical diets and have noticed that there are a lot of different rules to follow for everyone. Like, for mine, I'm supposed to have 4 shakes a day and only eat fresh raw veggies and take Metamucil everyday. Fiber overload. Gross. I'm almost done with week 1 (of 2 I'm such a baby lol) and by day 3, I was standing in front of my fridge at lunch time and literally burst into tears. I couldn't take chomping on another f'n carrot or choking down a handful of sugar snap peas. I have quickly discovered that one of the most important things to have during this whole bittersweet process is a solid support system! I whined to my mom about everything and she went with me to the grocery store to pick up some different veggies and different flavors of shakes, just to switch it up a bit. My Mom is also doing the pre-op diet with me, not that she needs to lose an ounce, but just to support me???? pretty amazing!

I've been strict on myself, too about the diet because there is a reason why we need to do it and I don't want to have any diet slip to push back my surgery or anything like that. Know what I mean? However, lol I did push my boundaries a bit by eating a avocado mixed with fresh salsa for dinner (it's on the no list bc it's high in calories). I felt like a badass...lol It's been a life saver tho. The avocado gives that mouth feel (from the oil/fat maybe?) that satisfies me so I don't feel completely deprived lol maybe try that? I'm not a Dr tho, so do what you're supposed to do haha

You don't like the shakes?? Bummer! I like them. They get boring drinking the same 4 a day for 14 days, so I bought sugar-free flavored syrups (like Torani, etc.) And add a teaspoon or 2 to a shake. It's kinda fun lol you have to be creative with this process. I use a blender with ice when I'm using the powder shakes to get it freezing cold and really smooth with no grit. Grit is gross lol

I hope your headaches get better soon! ????

Are they from dropping caffeine from your diet?? I've heard that can happen.

Are you getting sleeved now? Do they remove the band and do the sleeve at the same time?

Cut yourself some slack. You've obviously worked your ass off up to this point because look where you are today! 10 days away from the beginning of your healthy new life! You should be proud of yourself! I'm not saying go out and Celebrate with a case of pop and a big Mac (mmmmmmdroolmmmmm) haha! but when you are struggling remember how far you've come and how close you are! TEN MORE DAYS!

@@VGB how many weeks have you done? How long do/did you have to do it? Any pointers to get thru week 2??

I'm super chatty lol I love having people to talk to about this stuff!

Great to meet you guys!

Hi @@ABrandNewKae &@@VGB, I guess the good thing is we will all have our surgery on the same day so we do the diet at the same pace. Yeah, I noticed how different people do different diets. Yesterday was my breaking point & I can totally understand why you stood at the fridge & cried Kaeley. I was in tears most of yesterday. I'm having plenty of Water & always do but I think it's the sugars that are giving me more headaches. I have to break the diet tomorrow night but I will be smart about it. I told the surgeon & he said I can break it for that night. Don't need the questions. I think that after surgery we are all going to have to deal with people questioning our small portions but I'm ok with that. Ordering green vegies at the restaurant just would have screamed "obvious", so glad I have my pass for the night.

Kaeley I had the band for a year & had it taken out last year. I'm now ready for the sleeve. I know how hard the band was but am now looking forward to the sleeve as it doesn't have the "getting stuck" problem which happened a lot with me. Just have to avoid the "throwing up" bit with the sleeve but I think we all have a learning curve with bariatric surgery.

Well wishing you both a successful time with the pre-op diet. I remember when I got to the day before surgery last time that I was so relieved it was over that not having anything to eat or drink the day of surgery was sooooo easy. What time are you guys going in. I'm booked to be in the hospital at 7:00am. Thx for cheering me up. I haven't had the 3rd shake so have been adding to my salad or vegetables an egg & it's amazing how brilliant that little bit of Protein helped. Hang in there! ????

Just wanted to wish you all a very good surgery for tomorrow. I'm nervous but excited! See you on the other side with a sleeved stomach! Take care & hopefully a quick recovery for us all! ????

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow as well. I found it interesting reading about the diet you have had to follow. My only pre diet was two days before I start a Clear liquids diet, and drink a bottle of magnesium citrate. Then, I am on Clear Liquids today as well. I did lose 10 pounds prior to my surgery which was required by my physician. I am looking forward to hearing how this group does!! Very exciting and scary at the same time!!

Me too !!!!!

You guys made me well up with tears! So sweet! Thanks for all of your support! It really and truly means so much to me! I'm excited, nervous, anxious, happy and a bit emotional lol I can't wait until this time tomorrow, when I'm all done and recovering with my brand new tiny tummy :)

☆☆☆GOOD LUCK☆☆☆ to all of my surgery brothers and sisters!!!!! This is our time to *SHINE* guys!!!

Happy and healing thoughts to all of the 2/16 sleevers! Here's to a healthy new life!!!

I'm report to hospital at 6am in the morning too! I'm nervous and super excited. I had lapband in 2012 but it failed and I had it out in 2013...gained all my weight back so here I am, getting the sleeve! Preop for me had been liquid diet only for 2 weeks and I've lost 19 lbs. day 3-4 was rough but after that's it's been ok. I'm thankful for these 2 weeks going into tomorrow as post op won't be much different for me. A good friend had this procedure and had no restrictions of food other than NOI midnight of surgery so waking up and only getting liquids was rough for her and she had major headaches and caffeine withdrawal. Glad to have found some others who will be on same timeline with me...hope we can stay in touch. Good luck to everyone and prayers for all! Hope to post from my couch on Tuesday!