Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery this friday

Excited but nervous and scared. So much runs through my mind. Will it work for me? Will i be a fail case? I plan on doing nothing short of what i get told to do. I am ready to change my life and get myself back. But im just scared this wont be enough. And not only that but im scare of what can possibly happen in that operating table over all. Please if you have any advice or words of consolation. Anything that helped you or is helping you pleaaase. Share. Thank you bunches. By the way this is my first post. Been reading on things on and on. but have noone to really talk to. We just moved here not long ago and have noone. I just would love to speak to someone that may have or is going through the same.

Good luck hun! You are before me so I don't have much advice. But I do wish you well..You got this! :D

Awww thank you so much Christina i really really wish you the best a a fast fast process. Wish i knew more people like us to talk to i hope you do!!! ????

My surgery is scheduled for the 9th and everything races through my head every single day ! Wishing you the best for your day on Friday Take Care Chrissy

Hi! My surgery is next wed (4th) and im really getting nervous as well..i have all the same thoughts as you do. Last night i couldn't sleep at all..its like my mind just wouldn't stop..normally i would just take a Tylenol pm but im not allowed to from this point on. I wish i had some great wisdom or advice to share with you but i dont..however if you need to talk im on here all the time and im open to phone chats too..good luck and think positive!

I feel the same way my surgery is the 9th. One minute I'm Pysch the next I'm so freaked out. For me it's not the post op it's the surgery itself ....going under. Never have before. Today is actually a good day for but I can so relate what your going through. It's so great to have this site to talk to people. I go to a support group at the hospital where I'm having my surgery but it's only once a month.

Keep in touch

Take Care ! Chrissy

Tommorow I will be 2 weeks post op & I have to say that the surgery was a breeze. They gave me a mild sedative in pre op. Everybody was extremely nice. The nurses from the OR, the anaesthesiologist team and the surgeons team were terrific. I feel that your surgerical team, etc. will take very good care of you. Just relax and think of how awesome this journey will be and how you will be feeling and looking 3 months from now, and then 1 year from now. Keep thinking positive thoughts. You will be fine.

I know this is easier said than done but try to focus on the excited piece. All of you have worked long and hard just to get to this point, try not to worry about the things that could happen because they really are more rare than you think.

Focus on what it is going to be like when you start achieving your goals. It is such an exciting time and the surgery will be over before you know it.

I have learned that staying positive actually helps in healing. I have had a lot of surgeries in my life. When you let the fear or frustration get to you, it takes much longer to heal.We all have a lot of work to do to shed these pounds and ultimately the hardest work will be keeping it off in the maintain phase.

The surgery was a piece of cake for me personally and I have enjoyed every minute of this journey. I only wish I would have head to that operating room years ago!

Good luck and well wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for all of you that are about to have surgery in the coming days!

Thank you to every single one of you ladies that have taken the time to comment on this. It is so nice to hear from others like me that truly understand. And to all the wonderful advice and positive words thank you. I will focuse on the excitement and benefits to this. I feel a bit better about this, i am glad there is a place to talk about this. Tomorrow is the big day!!! But i am excited. ????

Congrats you have a great plan and mind set I am sure your going to do great. Good luck.

Listen here cupcake i am currently on a all liquid diet and your name is not helping hahaha jk jk jk thank you so much for your words i wish everrryone the best of luck now and always

Wishing you all a speedy recovery. I am scheduled for March 18th so please post how it goes

I'm excited. I know the complications and risks but I am still excited. I can't wait to walk without breathing hard, Wear clothes from ANY store not just the big girl stores. To not tug at my clothing because I am uncomfortable in my own skin oh and to have skinny sex ;) My kids will soon be having babies of there own and I want to jump rope play hopscotch and play with those kids. I am excited to live again instead of just existing. February 11th can't come soon enough for me. Maybe because of the liquid diet I'm on now LOL. Good luck to all.

Oh my how long has your liquid diet been for? Sassysassypants. Ive only been on it today (the day before surgery) and i feel sooo hungry. Some of you ladies have been required to do it a lot longer post op. I admire you strength. You gals are amazing. Best of luck and i hope all your dates come quicker than we know :). The anticipation makes the wait so much harder. But it shall be worth it all.

Sassysassypants I go a day after you February 12 I can't wait neither one minute excited the next minute hearts pounding this has been a long 11 months but I'm so ready I guess my dr office will call me next week to come in they will tell me about pre surgery keep us posted I will be praying for each and everyone of us who has put forth the hard work and effort to continue pressing forward toward our new life with this journey good luck and god bless♡