Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Progress Pics - 5 Months Out - Down 40 Pounds

I had my husband take progress pics of me today, since it's 5 months out from when I had my "before" pictures taken one week before my surgery. I'm only down 39 pounds since my surgery on September 1, but I'm happy with my progress so far. I just started strength training, so hopefully I will start toning up some. You can see all the pictures in my gallery, but here are a couple for comparison:

post-226192-0-55706600-1422238787_thumb.jpg

post-226192-0-83117900-1422238792_thumb.jpg

post-226192-0-10038500-1422238797_thumb.jpg

post-226192-0-66728800-1422238800_thumb.jpg

You look great keep up the good work

Thanks! I needed that. I was honestly pretty disappointed in how little difference there seemed to be. Especially in my work-out clothes, my back and butt still look like a hot mess. Hoping that starting to do some strength training will help out.

You look great! There is def a big difference in your face and tummy! Sometimes we're our harshest critics! Your back looks good too, and your butt did shrink a little! I'd happy to keep most of my butt! =)

You look great. I feel the same way when I look in the mirror. I never noticed I was putting on 5, 10, 15, etc pounds but I look and expect to notice when I have lost 2! Others say I look much smaller but I still don't see a HUGE change. Keep up the good work, you DO look smaller!

lol, losing my butt has been one of my concerns. Like, I'm ok with it shrinking a little, but I just don't want it to deflate. lol

I think you look great @@JamieLogical . I hope you don't get mad at me.. But I my observation is that you are not squeezing into your clothes.. they fit now.... and one day they will be baggy..

thanks for posting, we have similar body shapes, so Its nice to get an idea of what I might look like.. although I'm hella short. haha

You look great!.

I had my surgery Septemeber 8th at 255lbs and I'm down 58lbs (currently 197 as well) but I don't see the weight loss at all, Or very little even with the side by side's I've taken..Also I've been taking measurments and I've barely lost anything in my mid-section which is a little more then frustrating lol. I forgot to mention I'm only 5'3" and I always find it amazing how much a difference a few inches makes on a person when it comes to weight loss.