Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Did you know that 80% of so called pro lifers are men? People who have no chance of ever becoming preggers.

Any luck being able to validate that statistic anywhere?

We pass laws that govern infants all the time even if the laws effect the parents.(host) We expect parents to not be abusive or neglectful, etc. Why do you have to be an independant human being before you get any rights? go ahead and leave a 5 month old alone in a home for a week and see if he lives. He's totally dependant on his mother.( does that mean we can kill him because he's not independant?) And as far as it being a mothers 'constitutional right', show me in the constitution where it says she has that right! It doesn't! So that blows that out of the water! And who said an unborn babies rights are more important than it's mothers? They should have EQUAL rights.

As far as intruding goes, If you were 1 month old and your mom left you somewhere to die, you would be thankful for my intrusion if I rescued you, and the governments intrusion in making sure that you could be safe!(the government IS the people)

What are my beliefs that are different than any other womans? That an unborn baby is alive? Well, this is everybody's belief because it has been proven scientifically, and we have ultrasounds today. Or is it my belief that abortion should be illegal? Yes, it should be illegal because in this country, we ALL have equal rights(One if them is the right of protection) and just because you're dependant on someone else in order to sustain life (just like 1, 2, 3 and 4 month olds are) doesn't mean you don't qualify for protection. It should be your right.

That's a FASCINATING statistic. Do you mean 80% of pro-lifers are men, or 80% of men are pro-life? Either way, I'd just LOVE to see some back up on that INCREDIBLE statistic. I'll be waiting with baited breath. :D

You will have to give me a while. I gotta find where I read it. This is the first time I have seen your...what...five replys. It's 8 o clock the next day. I have to get home first. And trying to prove anything to you isn't my top priority, I think it might be impossible anyway, but I will get around to it eventually. Maybe on the weekend if I don't get too buzy.

Oh, and sorry if I came across rude, yesterday. I was in a bad mood. And one sided milatant attitudes annoy me, especially yesterday. You might not even be that way, but that is how I perceived you when I was being pissy.

I did read that information, and I know it was a periodical that I get, I just have to figure out which one and what edition, it made a impact on me so I remembered it. I read a lot, I'm sorry I didn't put the source. I was just pissy and didn't care, but if you need proof I will try find it so then you can go find you can scurry until you find another source that says something else. No need to post 100 more comments demanding anything. I will get back to you when I can.

Edited by ReadySteadyGo
add

Anyway, as to things working, I'm involved in a movement called 40 Days For Life which holds 40-day vigils outside of abortion clinics in 177 counties across the country and outside of the US as well. Yesterday was 1/2 way through the campaign and so far 268 babies have been saved. Maybe a drop in the bucket, but that's 268 babies that are alive and 268 women who won't suffer post-abortion consequences. And the abortion industry is none too happy about these efforts. We'll keep fighting for life, because even one life affected is worth it!

That is such a wonderful wonderful thing you are doing Gadget! I commend your dedication and passion for the pro-life movement! You are actually getting out there and practicing what you preach, which is a lot more than most people can say.

The only abortion clinic in ND is in Fargo, I've never seen it until a couple of weeks ago. My sister and I were driving around downtown at night after we ate at a pizza place and as we drove by she said that is the clinic. Chills went down my spine, I can't even explain the feeling I got just driving by, horrible feeling. Sadness.

I have so much respect for you and what your doing to help this cause.

We don't even have a clinic where I live. The closest one is over 2 hours away. A doctor was going to open one here, but because so many people protested it, he decided not to open it. I think there should be one here. There are a lot of poor people here, women who need an abortion and can't get one because they can't afford the long trip. And it is extremely difficult to find a private doctor that will do one in a hospital here. The last clinic we had was back in 1993 I think, and they had to close. We haven't had one since.

That is such a wonderful wonderful thing you are doing Gadget! I commend your dedication and passion for the pro-life movement! You are actually getting out there and practicing what you preach, which is a lot more than most people can say.

The only abortion clinic in ND is in Fargo, I've never seen it until a couple of weeks ago. My sister and I were driving around downtown at night after we ate at a pizza place and as we drove by she said that is the clinic. Chills went down my spine, I can't even explain the feeling I got just driving by, horrible feeling. Sadness.

I have so much respect for you and what your doing to help this cause.

Thanks, Missy. You should spend some time in front of that clinic. It's very humbling. Just start out by going there on a Sunday (if they're closed; some clinics kill on Sundays, too), sit on the sidewalk (public access) and pray. If you have kids, bring some sidewalk chalk and have them write the phone number of a local CPC and things like "adoption not abortion" or "abortion stops a beating heart". Pray for the clinic workers, the mothers who are coming in that week, for the family members that are going to be impacted as well. Once you've done that for a while, try doing it on a day when the clinic is open. Continue to pray and sidewalk chalk, and if you have the opportunity, respectfully talk to the women going in. Even if you don't think you have an impact, you will. Give the babies the dignity of being there.

We don't even have a clinic where I live. The closest one is over 2 hours away. A doctor was going to open one here, but because so many people protested it, he decided not to open it.

And people say we're not successful. I know you don't consider it to be, but I consider this awesome news. We don't need to make abortion illegal if there are no doctors performing them!

Edited by gadgetlady

I was just pissy and didn't care, but if you need proof I will try find it so then you can go find you can scurry until you find another source that says something else.

I get tired of people posting things that aren't true and not backing them up. Just like the thing about there being supposed constitutional rights on this issue. It's like a drive-by shooting. People throw out supposed "facts", and then when called on them, just move on and ignore the request for backup.

I don't need proof because I know it's not accurate. So don't bother wasting your time.

Edited by gadgetlady

Thanks, Missy. You should spend some time in front of that clinic. It's very humbling. Just start out by going there on a Sunday (if they're closed; some clinics kill on Sundays, too), sit on the sidewalk (public access) and pray. If you have kids, bring some sidewalk chalk and have them write the phone number of a local CPC and things like "adoption not abortion" or "abortion stops a beating heart". Pray for the clinic workers, the mothers who are coming in that week, for the family members that are going to be impacted as well. Once you've done that for a while, try doing it on a day when the clinic is open. Continue to pray and sidewalk chalk, and if you have the opportunity, respectfully talk to the women going in. Even if you don't think you have an impact, you will. Give the babies the dignity of being there.

Fargo is a couple hours away from where I live, I was just visiting my sister that day.

While we drove by, there were people standing there holding signs, it was really a moment for me, literally brought tears to my eyes.

Maybe someday I will be able to go sit there, but I don't think I could bring myself to go near it right now. So heartbreaking.

While we drove by, there were people standing there holding signs, it was really a moment for me, literally brought tears to my eyes.

What, they weren't harassing women, throwing stuff at them, shouting out "don't kill your baby!", dragging them away from the door, threatening them? Because that's all I ever hear that pro-lifers do, that's what I see portrayed on television, and that's what people on this thread have told me that pro-lifers do. You mean they were just holding signs and perhaps praying? Incredible. :wink2:

What, they weren't harassing women, throwing stuff at them, shouting out "don't kill your baby!", dragging them away from the door, threatening them? Because that's all I ever hear that pro-lifers do, that's what I see portrayed on television, and that's what people on this thread have told me that pro-lifers do. You mean they were just holding signs and perhaps praying? Incredible. :wink2:

Yeah, shocking I know!

I forgot to mention the reason the abortion clinic that was here had to close was because prolifers burned down the building.

I forgot to mention the reason the abortion clinic that was here had to close was because prolifers burned down the building.

Where is this?

Did you hear about the Crisis Pregnancy Center (pro-life) in Oregon that was set ablaze by pro-aborts?

Where is this?

Did you hear about the Crisis Pregnancy Center (pro-life) in Oregon that was set ablaze by pro-aborts?

No, I didn't hear about that. The clinic I was talking about was in Chattanooga, TN. But it was a long time ago.

Here are a few reports of pro-life centers being targeted for various acts of vandalism, arson, bomb threats, etc.:

Maryland Pregnancy Centers Vandalized, Police Begin Investigations

Oregon Pregnancy Center Helping Women Avoid Abortion to Rebuild After Arson

Kansas Crisis Pregnancy Center Receives Bomb Threat

Pro-Life Displays at Catholic Churches Vandalized

The conclusion is: both sides, unfortunately, have people who act poorly.