Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

"Did you know that 80% of so called pro lifers are men?"

I have heard that before too.

Perhaps you heard it in the above post. It's not a valid statistic. But prove me wrong! Show it to me.

Here are some REAL statistics: Will Abortion Issue Help or Hurt McCain?

Women: 50% pro-abortion, 43% pro-life

(This particular survey doesn't cite the numbers for men, but on the question of whether men and women believe Roe v. Wade should be overturned, the numbers are quite telling, and awfully similar to the numbers above, allowing us to extrapolate the number of men who are pro-life):

Women: No: 51%, Yes: 33%

Men: No: 52%, Yes: 34%

There is no validity to the claim that 80% of men are pro-life, nor to the claim that 80% of pro-lifers are men.

Perhaps you heard it in the above post. It's not a valid statistic. But prove me wrong! Show it to me.

No, I didn't just hear about it in the above post. I have heard it somewhere before, but I don't remember where.

No, I didn't just hear about it in the above post. I have heard it somewhere before, but I don't remember where.

Well, where ever it was, was it documented or did you just hear the number thrown out? I suspect it wasn't documented because it's just plain not true. There are lots of inaccurate and just downright untruthful things people believe and repeat to others because they've them, thus perpetuating the fraud.

You should look into the history of the early pro-abortion movement -- read some of Bernard Nathanson's stuff about how they fabricated statistics to get the American public on their side on the issue of abortion. And just because it was printed in the newspaper, people bought it hook, line, and sinker. Even though it was wholly fabricated. If you want links or quotes, I'd be happy to provide them.

Well, where ever it was, was it documented or did you just hear the number thrown out? I suspect it wasn't documented because it's just plain not true. There are lots of inaccurate and just downright untruthful things people believe and repeat to others because they've them, thus perpetuating the fraud.

You should look into the history of the early pro-abortion movement -- read some of Bernard Nathanson's stuff about how they fabricated statistics to get the American public on their side on the issue of abortion. And just because it was printed in the newspaper, people bought it hook, line, and sinker. Even though it was wholly fabricated. If you want links or quotes, I'd be happy to provide them.

No, I don't want quotes. I don't really care who is or isn't prochoice or pro life or whatever. All I said was I have heard it before, I do not remember where. I will not continue to beat this dead horse.

No problem. Just FYI, Bernard Nathanson was one of the founders of NARAL and performed thousands upon thousands of abortions. He is now pro-life. So his discussions of fabricating statistics are more interesting than the average person, because he was one of the ones doing the fabricating.

Interesting. That guy is a vocal opponent for the very thing that he used to believe in. Guess that would make a guy pretty passionate on the topic.

But we also know and understand that there are hundreds, if not thousands of doctors who may or may not choose to perform abortions on women who need them, but who absolutely support a woman's right to choose and do believe that the Constitution of the United States of America applies to women as well as men.

I've been away for a while good to see that this is still in full swing, Hey Gadget are you still pushing that Ark thing too. Welcome to the dark ages!!!

Interesting. That guy is a vocal opponent for the very thing that he used to believe in. Guess that would make a guy pretty passionate on the topic.

It might also make some people want to investigate how someone so in favor of a procedure that he fought to require it to be legal, performed thousands of them, owned many clinics that performed them, and made a very good living off of them, changed his mind. And no, it wasn't because he "found religion." He was an atheist when he changed his position.

do believe that the Constitution of the United States of America applies to women as well as men.

Can you show me where in the Constitution abortion is mentioned? You keep saying that but it just ain't in there, at least not that I've seen. Care to enlighten us?

I've been away for a while good to see that this is still in full swing, Hey Gadget are you still pushing that Ark thing too. Welcome to the dark ages!!!

Hey TommyO, good <ahem> to see you back. I didn't revive this thread -- someone else did. I only came back to correct the usual lies.

When we slaughter thousands of innocent babies every day it is, indeed, the Dark Ages.

Gadget, I'm not going to be here long but it is good to see your still fighting for what you believe in. I disagree with your beleifs but I commend your commitment to them however misguided I may believe you are. But you must realize that this is a fight you can never win. Even if abortion was made illegal in the United States (highly unlikely) it will still be legal in many other places. It seems to me there must be a better approach cause the one that you folks on the pro-life side are taking just doesn't seem to be working. Maybe dialing down the rhetoric might help!!!

Gadget, I'm not going to be here long but it is good to see your still fighting for what you believe in. I disagree with your beleifs but I commend your commitment to them however misguided I may believe you are. But you must realize that this is a fight you can never win. Even if abortion was made illegal in the United States (highly unlikely) it will still be legal in many other places. It seems to me there must be a better approach cause the one that you folks on the pro-life side are taking just doesn't seem to be working. Maybe dialing down the rhetoric might help!!!

TommyO, have you had an epiphany? I really appreciate your even-toned comments. It's very unlike you (and I'm not saying that to be snarky -- I really mean it that I notice a change in your words).

Anyway, as to things working, I'm involved in a movement called 40 Days For Life which holds 40-day vigils outside of abortion clinics in 177 counties across the country and outside of the US as well. Yesterday was 1/2 way through the campaign and so far 268 babies have been saved. Maybe a drop in the bucket, but that's 268 babies that are alive and 268 women who won't suffer post-abortion consequences. And the abortion industry is none too happy about these efforts. We'll keep fighting for life, because even one life affected is worth it!