Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Okay, I am going to have to bow out here. It is very evident as stated by several people prior that your agenda is to twist the facts into whatever it is that you're trying to prove.

What the heck fact have I twisted? The law is the law is the law! You posted something trying to show that every state can outlaw abortion, which is patently untrue! Now you're trying to say that I've twisted the facts. But the facts are CLEAR AS DAY! Abortion is legal through 9 months of pregnancy in every state in the union. States TRY to limit it, but because of the Doe v. Bolton decision in 1973, they have not yet found a way to do so. The only thing they've been able to limit is the specific D&X procedure.

Oh, and one other thing.

Once again, it is up to the state to decide(which is why people travel to another state where they can have a later term abortion)

No, absolutely not. The reason people travel to another state to have late-term abortions is NOT because it's illegal in the state they live in, but because they can't find an abortionist to provide the gruesome procedure. That's a very different matter from being illegal.

In fact, as I mentioned earlier, one of the most notorious late-term abortionists around, George Tiller, is located in Kansas, which you so aptly pointed out HAS a late-term abortion law! The reason he's still in business is because it's currently IMPOSSIBLE in ANY state to get around the mental health exception, and since the abortionist by definition gets to decide whether continuing the pregnancy is a threat to the woman's mental health, ergo the exception is, as I stated earlier, big enough to drive a tank through.

From Tiller's website, Abortion Care - George Tiller MD - Wichita, Kansas, emphasis mine:

At Women's Health Care Services, we specialize in "late" abortion care. We are able to perform elective abortions to the time in the pregnancy when the fetus is viable. Viability is not a set point in time. Viability is determined by the attending physician and is based on sonogram results, physical examination and last menstrual period date (if known). Our telephone counselors will ask you a number of medical questions to determine if you are eligible for an elective abortion. If you have visited another clinic or physician, we will ask for the results from a recent ultrasound.

Kansas law allows for post-viability abortion procedures when continuing the pregnancy is detrimental to the pregnant woman's health. Each person's circumstances are reviewed on a case-by-base basis. Please call so that we can discuss admission criteria with you.

I understand you disagree with me about why abortion should or shouldn't be illegal, but don't confuse opinion with facts. The facts stand; abortion is legal through 9 months of pregnancy in all 50 US states.

In ancient times a lot of cultures would burn thier chidren as a scarifice to the Gods of thier choice. Thats hard for us ( a modern day society ) to imagine.

Late term abortion, where the child is ripped apart in it's mothers womb seems to be on about the same order. I'll bet the old Babylonians and others of that day would be suprised that we do abortion because it's convenient and we're atheists.

Edited by cosmos110
Grammer

Late term abortion, where the child is ripped apart in it's mothers womb seems to be on about the same order.

The method is the same in early abortions, too. The most commonly used abortion procedures, suction aspiration and D&C, consist of dismemberment and suction. Even though the baby is small, body parts are easily identified and the abortionist and/or staff will often count what comes out into the collection bottle ("two arms, two legs, torso, head") to make sure everything has been extracted.

Thank God for the law that will allow abortion throughout pregnancy. However don't misunderstand, the point is that the law as it is in this country, is not written to encourage late term abortion or even early abortion.

The point is that it is unconstitutional for the government to discriminate against women by intervening in their private medical decisions. Our government has no right to tell women that they must abort or that they must not abort babies.

Whether or not you believe that any woman who chooses to have an abortion is a murderer, YOUR beliefs have no bearing on the rights of all women or the constitutionality of the law as it relates to this question.

Banning women's right to choose is wrong and the only correct answer is for every woman to be able to make her own medical decisions, whether it has to do with pregnancies or any other medical treatment she seeks.

Dear BJean

You are BJean the thread Killer.

I didn't do it. You did. 133 pages. A record. And you had to go and wack it.

R.I.P.

What do you want me to say? That we did abortions when they weren't convenient and when we were all Christians? Well, that is true.

Where were you going with your assertion? I didn't mean to shut you down. Post all you want. It rather sounds like you know what I said is exactly the point. All the pages of posts have come full circle anyway.

Except maybe for your new and insightful thoughts on the ancient Babylonians. Which are so relevant to the discussion.

Anyway, thank you for my new moniker "BJean the thread killer." Yay me.

lol, I have to laugh.

I didn't respond because BJean, you're exactly right. You keep saying what you keep saying, I keep saying what I keep saying, we all keep repeating, but in different wording, what we've said before. :)

Why keep saying the same thing over and over again?

Oops MrsFlipFlops, I was responding to a post by Cosmos.

But you're exactly right. Neither you or I are going to change our basic beliefs on this subject. If we were all the same, this world would be pretty boring, wouldn't it? :)

Oh, I know. I just didn't want to assign why I think no one else replied either, so I was just using why I didn't. :) Sorry for the confusion.

I'm a doofus. Right after I hit send, I realized what you were talking about. The fact that the thread shut down right after I responded to one of your posts I think. Anyway, I guess we're probably on the same wave length now. Different courses, but same wave length.