Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What has worked to make your surgical scars invisible or close to? I have been using bio oil but think there may be something better. Look forward to your input.

I didn't use anything other than Mederma a few times on my sleeve scars. They were almost invisible in a year without having used anything. For my plastic surgery scars I used BioCorneum, which is supposed to be the best scar cream to use. I'm not totally sure if it worked or not, but my scars are very light and I am only about 5 months post-op on those scars. If you get it on Amazon it's far cheaper than buying from a doctor.

Good information. I am less than a week post surgery at this point but I feel like I am a bit of Frankenstein s creation. I have staples in place yet in a couple of places. I have steri strips in others and just closed cuts at this point. Will be interesting to see if I can make these lighten a bit when all is said and done.

I tend to keloid. Years ago when I had facial shingles my doctor recommended Scarfade gel. It's pricey and not covered by insurance but it worked for me. The scars noticeably flattened and most have faded to the point where they are barely noticeable. I had an extra tube so I am now using it on my incisions. I had 5. All but the 2 biggest ones are barely visible now. I'll continue to use it for the first year.

Sorry I don't care one bit about my scars ... It's part of the process , you can't have major surgery on your stomach and expect smooth clear skin

I care because keloids are uncomfortable. The rub against your clothing and be quite irritating. I don't see anything wrong with correcting something that can be corrected. I've had major surgery before. Several times in fact. There is nothing wrong with using a simple fix to correct the after effects.

What has worked to make your surgical scars invisible or close to? I have been using bio oil but think there may be something better. Look forward to your input.

I doubt it will help you, but most likely, testosterone did it for me. ;)

When the body hair grew back, it covered the scars pretty well... :P . Sorry, couldn't help it...... ;)

Thanks for your positive input, I will research the various options. To jessiegirl- pull your head in it is personal preference and I would suggest that part of your reason for having the surgery in the first place was not liking something about the way you looked- so be positive or buzz off

My surgeon recommended bio oil and was happy with me just using Vitamin e. I just rub it all over my stomach in the hope it can help strengthen my skin overall rather than the scars. Im not as bothered by my scars as i thought i would be, which is good! I'm 5 weeks post op so theyre still very much visible - will be interesting to see what they look like at 12 months. I hope you find something that works for you! :)

I heard coconut oil works well, but I have no personal experience with it for scars.

Vitamin e oil, I run it on them and their getting smaller... Also there's like a little massage machine you can get to rub on the scar, my mom got the massager from a physical therapist after she got carpel tunnel surgery, but I've seen them at Walgreens... Like in the vitamin section.