Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fat and Back, a two part special...

Did anyone see the first episode last night on TLC. The things she said made my blood boil.

My take on the episode is you can't fix stupid because like Forest Gump said " Stupid is as stupid does."

Is this the show about the idiotic British woman who thinks that losing weight is as easy as cutting calories and exercising and has never had a weight problem her whole life except when she deliberately puts on weight? Yeah, I'll pass. I have no interest in listening to some IDIOT who doesn't know what she's talking about and has no understanding of the actual disease of obesity.

So there.

I wish I had too. I was so angry...but now I want to see how she does losing that 51 lbs. She looked Anorexic to me. No shape no butt and no boobs.. I did however like some of the things people said to her regarding her views.

To me it is her 15 min. of fame and she showed parts of herself that she can never take back. I almost pity her...no wait..Not!!!!!!!!

There was a disclaimer at the beginning noting the inflammatory opinions she holds so I figured she was a fat hater...so I changed the channel. I like watching the 600 lb. episodes but that's because these folks for the most part are successful and it's nice to see. The only thing I wonder about is why the bariatric surgeon does the skin removal. Isn't that supposed to be a plastic surgeon? Especially as these folks still look pretty lumpy even after they have skin surgery.

Anyway...random thoughts.. :P

He does the surgeries because this is not the contouring work of a plastics. Most of the surgeries he does is to get rid of excess areas that are health issues that are causing trauma to the patient. I noticed that when the 7 years are up most of them have not gotten plastics. Probably cost like other people. They have their own reasons. But he seems to remove the ulcers and edema, skin conditions that can effect their lives.

Unfortunately I watched the nit wit who gained weight to prove she could lose it by eating less. well duh.. she is very critical of obese people and has no idea how difficult it is to lose weight or why some people gain weight more easily than others.. she looks like a stick to me. I hope she doesn't think she is attractive I think she has a eating disorder on the opposite end of the spectrum . Her husband looks sickly too . anyway I didn't finish watching her cause she made me mad. I do watch he 600 lb series because most are successful. Bless their hearts I feel so bad for them because no matter what they are trying to get better. There are a few exceptions like that one laying in the bed eating donuts and fast foods and can't understand why she hasn't lost weight.. She is a piece of work.

Read an article where she admits she was underweight. She does have weight issues and it's makes her a little short of a full deck

He does the surgeries because this is not the contouring work of a plastics. Most of the surgeries he does is to get rid of excess areas that are health issues that are causing trauma to the patient. I noticed that when the 7 years are up most of them have not gotten plastics. Probably cost like other people. They have their own reasons. But he seems to remove the ulcers and edema, skin conditions that can effect their lives.

Ohhh...OK. That makes sense. I always thought it was the same type of surgery. Obviously not. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

The Fat and Back woman is the same one who recently said there should be euthanasia trucks because there are too many old people. In a normal world she'd be told to shut up but instead she's getting her own show on TLC. Ugh.

Glad I missed it! Sounds like she is a real winner.

Glad I missed it too. sometimes I wonder why people like this can even get a show. Ridiculous!

This gives her a forum to fat shame. Most of us are ashamed enough. Public shaming just adds to our misery.