Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

a third of the way!

so today i stepped on the scale and almost cried.

as of today, im a third of the way from my goal wieght. Ive lost fifty lbs since starting the banding process.

fifty lbs.

since feb 13. not bad.

had a complication and ya know sometimes stuff happens...but it worked out. The thing im celebrating the most, is that on Jan 13 of this year, i was researching the band and somehow still thought that id always have this weight. I thought my 'goal weight' was a joke, that while being a nice fantasy, couldnt possibly be obtained. When i stepped on the scale this morning, i thought, "im a third of the way there, this is totally doable, this will happen"

I "only" have a hundred lbs to go now.

how cool is that, eh?

It is SO cool. I did percentages too.

I also started staring at the free weights at my gym and thought to myself if I strapped 50 lbs weight on me, how HARD it would be to carry it all the time. Getting out of the car, the bed and (lol) up off the floor

would take much effort. I remember. I thought my weight wasn't really keeping me down.

I was in denial.

Keep up the good job,

edie

Great outlook! I'm glad to see that the difficulty you've had did not cause you to "give up" on the band.

50 lbs is amazing in such a short time (15 weeks?) wow! And, on top of that you had a leak?!

Sounds like your on the mend from your recent fix... I hope during your journey to the next '100' keeps you healthy and happy :drum:

It does seem quite amazing that you've evolved from researching to successful in such a short time. Sounds like it was meant to be indeed.

I've heard good things about Dr St Laurent... have you been pleased with the care you've received?

All the best,

Karla

thank you EVERYBODY for your support and how neat it is to read your stats! this really is going to work.

yeah im three days out from surgery from having a full band replacement. the leak was at the top of the band. I have one of the new ones now and i see it as an upgrade. Im looking forward to doing this with real restriction.

i LOVE dr st laurent. I cant stress that enough, or how much i trust him completely. He is very knowledgeable and will explain ANY part you want, as many times as you need, and never tires in his care. He makes you feel like you are his only patient. He answers his own email and returns his own phone calls. His staff is extremely helpful and..they are just that instead of a buffer between the patient and the surgeon. Everyone Ive dealt with in that office has been understanding and pleasant and they really know what you are going through because MOST of his staff are banded. I really, truely, trust the man completely and feel very lucky to have him for my surgeon.

If i had a fill dr up north where i live, this leak could have been so easy to have missed because i was an easy stick and had no other symptoms other than really struggling with the same eight lbs for the last two months. Its great to read all of your posts and signatures and see your successes! Its encouraging.

Right now, i feel nothing but gratitude.