Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back and Banded!

Hi Guys

i dunno - a gal pops off to be banded and u revamp the website - is that like parents moving home when kids go off to summer camp lol?

Well, am 5 days post op now, still bit tired, had excrutiating shoulder pain which is slowly easing off now from our diaphragm gas friend. Got the itchy dressings off today - needlework not bad if i say so myself :)

Even had my 1st poo today (high 5's to me!) lol - i can even sneeze confidenently without thinking my band will break :lick

Not much i know, but i am still bit weak and taking it easy.

Bye for now :)

Hi Joanne..Welcome home & Congratulations on your band.

I think the worst part for me was the gas in the daiphram but it got better each day I never had the shoulder pain though just horrible trapped gas in my diaphram. I wish you the best with your new band. Take it easy and rest up..you do not wantto overdue it ..Best of Luck you tou :)

Welcome back Joanne and congrats on being banded! I found walking to be the best medicine for the shoulder pain... gas build-up. Like Miss Michelle said... everyday will get better and better!

Darcy

Welcome home Joanne!! Congrats on your successful surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery!! Keep us posted how it goes!

Hi Joanne! Glad to hear all is going well for you! How is the liquid phase going for you??I only had gas pain for a few days but it seemed to dissipate fairly quickly. Walk walk walk as these ladies suggest, it helped me out big time! Keep us posted on your progress!

Katie

Joanne, Congratulations on being banded! Those little aches and pains will get better every day. Walk, walk, walk and drink that water! So glad all is well!

Clever ol' me, lol - wish i could say it was all my own work, but my brilliant surgeon (felt like he was my Dad!) and my wonderful husband (who hates hospitals and cried a river apparently when i went to theatre :ermm ) must take oodles of credit too - bless them. Must admit i feel quite emotional today - watchining too much daytime tv but thinking how incredibly lucky i am to have found such a wonderful man to share my love and life with - i wish everyone could experience this intense love, just once in their lifetime.

Congratulations, Joanne, both on your new band and your wonderful husband! The gas will go away soon. Are you on liquids for another week or so?

actually im allowed mushys in varying degrees now, hence the jellies and mashed melon then gradually introduce solids after 1st week. I'm just taking it real easy but so far, so good :-)

Wow, Joanne, hang onto that guy! I'm "across the pond" getting "mushy" just hearing about him. How long have you been married? Any kids?

married just over a year, together 5, my son sam, 12 from previous marriage - they get on great. Paul and i...wait for it...met on the internet..chatting in a footy room of all places lol, never looked back really.

Welcome to the new banded road!............. Take it easy and keep smiling! So glad you have so much support at home, that will really help you. Take care and hugz to you

Jodie

Joanne,

Sounds like your doing very well and going thru what we all have been thru. SO we understand.

I was lucky enough that the gas only gave me a problem until about 6am the next moring then that gas was gone and no further trouble with it. But another gas popped up and boy am I having fun with that. (Its a guy thing ladies). I know have an excuse. "Sorry honey its from the surgery" Don't have to make sure the dog is in the room anymore. LOL oh well that to will pass, no pun intended.

Good luck with your journey to new health and a long life. Since I'm not married to a man( or dating one) I have to say that my wife has been my biggest supporter of this surgery. She is behind it 100%. God love her as I do

Best Wishes

Greg