Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys!

So it's official, I just got off the phone with my surgeons office... I scheduled my surgery for January 22nd, 2015!

Feeling emotional. Scared, excited and nervous all at the same time. I have a major emotional attachment to food and I know Post Op things are probably going to change. Scared and nervous about that. It's finally becoming real and I know my life is going to change, to the better I hope.

Unlike in the States, the pre-op procedure is different in our side of the world. It is self-pay, no pre-op diet and I was instructed to stop eating by 10 PM the night before and admit myself at 7 AM the day of surgery, spend the night and check out the next day. The band isn't filled until 3 weeks post-op. What tips would you have for me? Any medications that could help with the gas and/or bloating? Acid reflux meds? The works! I plan on stocking up on everything I need! What about walking, when was it possible for you to go out and walk normally?

I also plan on taking professional BEFORE photos, so that I could share professional AFTER photos too!

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for all your support and encouragement as well as for inspiring me to put myself first and take this bold step (in my book)

I'm going to consider January 22nd my second birthday or as I put in the topic, my rebirth!

Edited by maskedbanded

Congratulations!! I'm scheduled for surgery on January 24th, but I had to go to a seminar last week about what to expect at the hospital, pains afterward, and diet information afterwards. I don't have to do a pre-op diet either, but afterwards it is liquids only for 2-3 weeks (Protein shakes are included) depending on how my stomach will take to the change of texture. Then I will progress to a soft/mushy diet for another 1-2 weeks then regular foods. I was told that once I'm out of the recovery room then I will be able to walk because most of the pain will be the built up gas inside so gas x strips, walking and Water will help alleviate the pain the best way. I was also given a list of Vitamins that I will have to take, but they have to be chewable or super small. You can continue any prescribed medication, but may have to switch to a liquid form or crushable form. Hopefully the more weight that is lost the less medicine you will have to take! :)

Happy rebirthday to you and good luck!