Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm kinda disappointed

Thanks everyone... I was ready to call my NUT, I haven't lost in last 10 days, just been going up and down same 2 lbs... I know it is Water fluctuation but can't figure out how I can be taking in so few calories and not losing. I'm using myfitness pal to track, counting everything that goes in my mouth. I will just keep at it then...makes me feel better.

Dear Gail Ann

I too had the Gastric Sleeve, mine was on December 11, 2014 and I was FREAKING out because I dropped 25lbs in less than 2weeks and STOPPED!!!!! It has been almost 2 full weeks and I am teter tottering at 260 to 265lbs. The only reason I think that I dropped so much right away is because my Dr. keeps you on Clear and Bariatric liquids for a full 3weeks. The Good news my friend, is that when I saw my nutritionist this past weekend she assured me that it is "Normal" to come to a slight hault in the 3-4th week, again in the 3rd month and once more in the 6th month. She said that your body is So used to being a certain weight that it is hanging on to everything you are putting in from shock and thinking that you are starving yourself even though you are not!!!

Girl, Stay Strong, I promise if you do I will too because I am feeling exactly what you are feeling but I have to believe that if I am following the diet, which I am, step by step then WE MUST LOSE!!!!!! I am interested in your progress please keep me posted!!!!

Luv ~T~

@@Foreverblessedx3 - keep in mind that you need to hit that minimum of 60 gms of Protein to really see those numbers move. Also your body is trying to adjust to all the recent changes to it. WLS is part of a multi-pronged attack at the fat that your body is holding onto. The surgery is but one part, the Protein, Fluid and exercising is just as important.

ETA: Keep in mind everyone is different. There are fast losers and there are slow and steady losers. Do not compare your loss to anyone else.

Edited by BLERDgirl

@BLERDgirl. I do good at the Protein, getting 70 or so a day...have not hit 80 yet, however after drinking most of my protein, (36 oz) I drink a V8 (11 oz) daily and struggle getting in another 32 oz of water...average about 24 oz of Water in addition to those liquids. I know I need to work on that...seems I drink all day. I need to step up exercise too...just walking and stationary bike right now...it is fridged here...ave 4 degrees most morn when I come to work

Edited by Foreverblessedx3

This makes me nervous. My sleeve is in 12 days pre op diet hard but doable just keep thinking how much better I'll be for my kids. Currently 5"9 263 list 11lbs since oct not a lot but some better than nine. I am just hoping for a better result then I read. I met lady at hospital lab that works there that did sleeve last year eats better no exercise and down 116 lbs then I hear people eat and diet properly and not as much. I pray I'm doing the right thing - single mom

Worries

Well I'm 3 weeks post-op and cannot tell you what i weighed except for the day of surgery and my first doc visit that was on Monday. 24 lbs down. I did not buy a scale and WILL NOT buy a scale. I'm just going to follow the program and I may weigh once per mo at the gym... (maybe) not going to be a slave to the scale.

As been proven if you follow the program it will work. Not going to stress about stalls or any of that.

The 12 pounds you lost is GREAT, because i am heavier than you and my doc said he had only expected me to have lost 15. You are doing wonderful! stick to the plan and stay away from the scale...

@BLERDgirl. I do good at the Protein, getting 70 or so a day...have not hit 80 yet, however after drinking most of my protein, (36 oz) I drink a V8 (11 oz) daily and struggle getting in another 32 oz of water...average about 24 oz of Water in addition to those liquids. I know I need to work on that...seems I drink all day. I need to step up exercise too...just walking and stationary bike right now...it is fridged here...ave 4 degrees most morn when I come to work

That's fine. My nutritionist has my protein goal set at 60+ if you are hitting 70, you're doing good. Also it's fluids not water. While it is important to drink water if you are drinking 36 ounces of Protein Drinks, plus 11 ounces of V8 (just watch your sodium & sugars) plus another 32 ounce of water on top of that you're getting 79 ounces of fluids each day. That's actually really good.

This makes me nervous. My sleeve is in 12 days pre op diet hard but doable just keep thinking how much better I'll be for my kids. Currently 5"9 263 list 11lbs since oct not a lot but some better than nine. I am just hoping for a better result then I read. I met lady at hospital lab that works there that did sleeve last year eats better no exercise and down 116 lbs then I hear people eat and diet properly and not as much. I pray I'm doing the right thing - single mom

Worries

Rule number one. Do not compare. There are so many factors at play: genetics, hormones, co-morbs, age, etc... Everyone losing at their own pace. That woman who works at the hospital lab is probably more active in her job than the person who sits at a desk job all day. as I mentioned upthread some people are slow but steady losers and some are fast losers. My pattern seems to be one month a big loss, the next month a small loss. I also know from previous history that I don't lose unless I eat right and exercise. That is how my body works. I'm also wearing an activity tracker and the one thing I have noticed is that I am much more active now than I was a year ago, so even my non gym days are more active than previously.

The bottom line is you have to work the program. That's getting your protein, then veg. Getting adequate fluids and getting in some form of activity for at least 30 minutes a day.

Well I'm 3 weeks post-op and cannot tell you what i weighed except for the day of surgery and my first doc visit that was on Monday. 24 lbs down. I did not buy a scale and WILL NOT buy a scale. I'm just going to follow the program and I may weigh once per mo at the gym... (maybe) not going to be a slave to the scale.

As been proven if you follow the program it will work. Not going to stress about stalls or any of that.

The 12 pounds you lost is GREAT, because i am heavier than you and my doc said he had only expected me to have lost 15. You are doing wonderful! stick to the plan and stay away from the scale...

THIS! I weigh once a month, preferably at the doctor's. Worrying about the scale will make you crazy.

10 pounds a month is average. Only more if you're doing a lot of exercising or have a lot of weight to lose.

I was told that much like any weight loss, you need to look at this as kind of a stairway. You will loose, stay still...loose...stay still. and so on......it will depend on the diet and exercise of course. My surgeon requires support groups and a body pump class post op. Can't wait to start those.

I will lose 5-7 pounds in one week then stay still for 2 weeks... Then lose another 5-7 and still for 2 weeks. Over all I have no complaints. But this is HARD. You don't wake up skinny ???? I am 12 weeks out and down 43 pounds. I don't exercise like I should. I am a clothing designer/seamstress so I unfortunately sit a lot ????

Put on your favourite music and dance! dance! dance!

Best of luck on your journey xx

@@Gail Ann keep the faith. have you considered joining a gym? now is the time to start! you are a month out and should be able to start exercising more vigorously (with your docs approval of course). hard to say where you are because no stats were provided. maybe your bmi is already on the lower end.... what is your goal? welcome to this site. it will provide you with unlimited helpful ideas/tools and all the support you need. take care!

I don't know if I'll ever LIKE exercise, but I'm coming to find that doing it first thing in the morning (before my brain has a chance to say, "hell no") is helpful. By the time you realize what you did, you're done!

I don't know if I'll ever LIKE exercise, but I'm coming to find that doing it first thing in the morning (before my brain has a chance to say, "hell no") is helpful. By the time you realize what you did, you're done!

I was the same way when I began, but honestly I actually do like it now. I've been home sick this week and unable to workout and I honestly can't wait to get back. I miss it and I miss how I feel after a good workout.