Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After watching "My 600lb life "'last night I heard the Dr say " malnutrition". That's one thing I never thought of

Before. With the Vitamins and Protein Shakes and little bits of food I thought that was good.

But apparently the woman was existing on Protein shakes alone.

That's pretty much me. Excluding the baby food lol

I got moved to phase 4 yesterday and to be honest, I'm a little scared to try new things. As much as I want to totally do it, I'm very hesitant.

You need to talk to you nutritionist and possibly the support group at your program. The reason they move us back to eating regular food along with the supplements & Vitamins is to prevent malnutrition. food is not the enemy. The misuse and abuse of it is. Part of the process for us is learning how to handle food in a healthy way, not just get skinnier.

There is no reason to be afraid of trying new things. Just a little bit of something will quickly let you know if it is going to agree with you or not. I never fully switch from one phase to the next overnight. I always start gradually adding new things in to see how it will work for me. You could probably live the rest of your life on Protein shakes and Vitamins, but why would you want to? It is also important to remember that even if you can't handle something now, that doesn't mean it is gone forever. Your body will heal and adjust with time. No worries, you have got this!

I guess at times eagerness to reach the goal weight gets the better of us, I constantly remind myself not to starve myself of calories.

I guess at times eagerness to reach the goal weight gets the better of us, I constantly remind myself not to starve myself of calories.

And surprisingly enough that's the easiest way to not lose weight. Too few calories and your body will panic and hold onto every calorie.

Believe me, I'm not intentionally just having shakes and Vitamins. I want to try these things, I'm just a tad scared too.

The new Protein Shake I got is super filling! Syntrax Peanut Butter cookie.

Totally delish, but way filling.

I'm on my break at work and still feel super full from the one I finished at 3.

I'll take out the milk and just use Water.< /p>

I appreciate all the feed back :)

I see a nutritionist monthly and have post-op support groups that are every month.

The only way you'll advance to regular food is by trying them. it's okay to have fears just do not let them rule you. Try one new food as allowed and see how things go. Continue on adding foods. Take your vitamins/supplements and get your fluids. When it's time to move to regular food do so.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches