Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to get my BMI down...ASAP!!!!

In order for the NEW place to forward my paperwork...my insurance company requires a BMI below 50...and I belive I'm almost at 51.

My stats that I gave were 330 pounds and 5'7" tall....

Apparently I need to have my weight down to 312 to be qualified under my insurance plan...

Soooo...does anyone have a "quick" fix weight loss program that worked for them? I've just been eating about 700-900 calories a day and working out EVERY day...sometimes twice a day. Since I found this out (Last Friday) I've lost 6 lbs....Not doing too bad...but I'm dreading the last 12 pounds! I'm sort of losing faith....Any help would be great!!

Thanks!

What worked for me (I had to be 335 to qualify) for that last push was to drink a couple of LOW CARB Slimfast a day, and have one or two really good-sized salads as well. Of course you have to watch what kind of dressing you put on the salad, but that worked for me (I think I lost 12 lbs that last week or 10 days).

I mention LOW CARB SlimFast because it has great Protein in it, and is the best tasting of the drinks I tried. Sure Atkins and EASAdvantage are a bit lower in calories, but they also are not nearly as tasty. The SF Low Carb is thick and rich and fills me up.

I found it at Walmart or Krogers. There is only vanilla or chocolate available, but I also found some flavored sipping straws at Walgreens that come in Cookies and Cream, strawberry, banana, vanilla or chocolate and they are 15 calories each and last for up to 16oz of Fluid. You just use them to sip whatever you want to flavor, rather than mix in a flavor. They are quite good and are about $2 for 10 of them.

Woot! I'm getting a salad or two a day in...sometimes just one and then a lean cuisine...with a few Snacks through the day. My calorie level is good...I just need an extra push! With my salads...I use the spritzer spray that's 1 calorie per spray...or just have a little low fat cottage cheese and no dressing on the salad. Seems to be working...I think!

I'm going to try the low carb slimfast and see how that works!

Thanks!!

I just don't want them to be like....how the hell did you lose 18 pounds in such a short time...ya know? Tho....if I don't make a change, that weight will come back in no time!

LOL just tell them it was yet another crash diet, that will surely fail without the intervention of the band, done purely for the purpose of meeting their stupid guidelines. :) They don't care how you lose it, or how fast, all it is to them is a number that must be met in order for them to put their stamp of approval on it.

You can do it!!!!!!

Hey Kimmie, I'll be following your thread with interest because I have your identical stats! 330 and 5'7". I haven't had my initial consultation with the weight loss surgeon yet so I'm not sure if I'll have to get to a 50BMI or not. (Right now I have a BMI of 52.) I'm sending good vibes your way!

Hurry go and get some VLCD dietry suppliment or Optifast ???

And see your doctor and get some duramine( apetite supressent )

Or methamphetamine ( speed ) .

you should be able to loose at least 10 to 15 lbs every week.

It ALL worked for me.

Mark:)

I would do the speed...'cept my heart feels like it's going to pop outta my chest! LOL Been there, done that. Tho....what is this VLCD?? And where could one get it?