Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been unfilled for a week and have LOST 1.5 pounds!!!

Hi everyone!

Well I had to get a complete unfill exactly one week ago today. My band had suddenly clamped down out of the blue and I couldn't swallow liquids. I was terrified of hunger, weight gain, etc., so I decided to start a pretty intense regimine of supplements to offset being unfilled. Let me say that I do not endorse nor sell any supplement, but I do want to tell you all who are unfilled about my experience in the hope maybe it could help you. The first day after my unfill I was starving and I realized pretty quickly that I was going to gain weight. I went to my drug store and this what I picked up: Hoodia Sure Rapid Gels, Accelis, and Mega-T green tea liquid drops. I've been taking the Hoodia in the morning and evening (sometimes I even take an afternoon dose too even though it says to take it only twice a day.) I take the green tea drops in the morning and late afternoon. Then as directed, at bedtime, I take the Accelis (this one says it's "clinically proven" to cause weight loss). Well, I don't know if it's a placebo effect, or what, but my hunger level is much less than what it would be if I were not taking anything. my hunger level is about 20% more than when I am filled, but pre-surgery I would never have been able to stick to band portions as I would have passed out with hunger, and this entire week I have been sticking to band portions completely, with little trouble, and certainly no lightheadedness, dizziness, or irritability.

Somehow, I have also managed to drop about 1.5 pounds and prior to this week I had been stuck on the same weight for over a month! so essentially, I'm doing better unfilled than filled!!!

Like I said I have no clue if it's just a placebo effect, or what, but I wanted to share my story for those of you who are unfilled. I honestly do believe though that there are effective diet supplements out there and that the drug companies are the ones who start all the hype about nothing working. It seems that there are just too many anecdotal stories out there to discount every single supplement.

So now, I'm acutally considering holding off on any fill for even longer (I'm supposed to get 1cc in next week), since I'm doing so well without one! And I loooove being able to eat scrambled eggs and hot dogs again!

Anyway, that's my story and I hope no one thinks I am trying to endorse any supplement or anything but I did want to share my experience.

Hmm...I wonder if these would work for someone who has never had a fill yet. I went for a fill on Monday and they wouldnt give me one. Said I was doing really really good and that they were going to wait until I stopped losing. OH MY!!! I do get so hungry sometimes...not sure yet if it is head hunger or not..but did manage to lose another two pounds this week!! YIPPEE!! Deanna

Well that's good news isnt it?

Oh, for a break! To be able to just eat without thinking about getting stuck. I rarely do, and even less often do I PB but its always there in my mind.

Sunta Im happy for you!

I have 10cc band and I dont have any fill.Had 1cc 6months ago(for like a week lol), gut stuck badly,had to go to hospital, since then I have nothing in my band and Im still losing!

Is it possible that since Im weightlifting and bulding muscles even in my stomach that the band gets tighter? cause it definitely feels tighter than like 6-8months ago:-)

Is it possible that since Im weightlifting and bulding muscles even in my stomach that the band gets tighter?

I do think that's possible actually. I think alot of things can make the band tighter. I've been thinking about what happened to me and trying to figure out why it happened so suddenly like that, out of the blue. I did have my period, and I know alot of people get tighter during their period. As for you being unfilled and getting tighter, I have heard of that before. I do think our stomach muscles are just like other muscles and tissues and they can get built up by exercise and/or they can swell up due to different factors. This band is a fickle thing, isn't it?

I will get my fill back on Wednesday (only 1cc though) but it has been heavenly having this break! I've been able to swallow big pills (all the supplements I've been taking!), eat whatever I want, and have no esophagus pain. It's wonderful. If I wasn't scared of overeating, I wouldn't even get my fill put back in.

I'm still doing well but I did get really hungry yesterday and ended up overeating a little bit at dinner. I am actually dreading getting the fill back because for the first few weeks-month after a fill I PB a whole lot. Maybe I will stay on liquids for like a week after it to try and curb that.

Hi there, here is my story and I am very open to ideas:

I am back at 1 1/2 yrs out. lost 45lbs, had major back surgery in January so 6 months of no or little exercise. Thank goodnes for the band.

I had a weird problem. I think I need to have a little taken out of the band but I am scared. If I eat three hours before bed and it is not practically liquid, I wake up choking. I try real hard not to do that.I am now really aware of what I am eating, definatly Protein. I cannot eat in the early morn so I have a warm Protein Drink, the warmth seems to open the band. If I have some removed I am worried that I will be able to get too much in. I finally got filled to what I felt was the right amount. I just hate choking and figure it is really a must to pay attention and not eat meat that is not ground, or anything too heavy at dinner. I have stayed at this weight, otherwise without the band and a surgery( had 7 knee replacement revision in 5 years) why I gained so much, I would surely have gained again. I have not read of anyone being maybe overfilled and choking and or coughing during the night..... It does not happen if I am very aware of dinner and lots of Water, but I would love to hear if anyone has had this...

??? Info would be great.

Debra