Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Surgery was November 4, 2014 for Gastric Bypass

Hello my name is Carol and I am two months post surgery. It has definitely been a struggle with trying to get the right amount of Protein and Water into my body, I am still having trouble with that one. It's been about two week's since I had a short hospital stay, as I was not able to keep anything down and was starting to get really dehydrated, when they performed an endoscopy they discovered scar tissue build up at the site that the lower intestine was joined to new pouch and there was only a very tiny little hole where the food could try to get through, this was rectified by Dr. putting a small balloon device down into that area to dilate the scar tissue area. I am now also taking 1 stomach coating pill 4 times a day and 1 stomach acid neautralizer 2 times a day, the first one instructs to take an hour before eating or 2-3 hours after, by the time I try to follow those instructions I would never be able to eat so that is another challenge I am facing, I know I need to do this as I do not want stomach ulcers, but it is just so difficult.

My pre surgery story is pretty similar to so many others here, I've struggled with my weight my whole life, when I was 18 I started having health issues with my thyroid, initially diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism and after a radio active iodine treatment I went to Hypothyroidism, which now to this day I take a supplemental thyroid pill for. I've tried a few different diets, but always seemed to find the weight that I'd lost and at my heaviest I was 293 lbs., and was really noticing the extra aches and pains that I was starting to have to deal with. I looked into the Gastric BP surgery almost 4 years ago and have gone through all the classes that were provided by Weight Wise out of Edmonton, AB and was finally put on the waiting list last January 2014. The waiting to be notified of a surgery date was long, but then this is something you don't want to go into blindly, make sure to be informed to make sure this is the surgery for you.

Today I am at 239 lbs. and still have a long way to go, but most importantly I still need to get my health in check and be able to take in all the Vitamins etc. and be able to get the food and Water in. I look forward to chatting with who ever wants to share on this site and get advice from everyone as well.

Good luck on your journey.

I find that when I can't eat milk is the answer.

Dehydration is my only issue too.