Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous Newbie with quality of life issues, Please help!

1. Indigestion with every swallow right now, two weeks post opt, can barely even drink Water, is this natural?
  2. How much can I eat after I heal, will I feel deprived all the time?
  3. Will I enjoy dining out again?
  4. Can I ever drink soda, beer?
  5. Can I stretch the sleeve, I hate the thought of any kind of permanent commitment?
  6. Will I ever feel normal in my eating?
  7. How much will I be able to drink again?
  8. What is your quality of life after a year or two, and beyond?
  9. When you get full, do you get full mentally and physically?
  10. Do you feel like you are on a lifetime diet or does it become natural to have that a small stomach?
  11. Can you eat a hamburger, pizza, hotdogs, etc. and enjoy them?

The above questions are thing I know I should have thought about pre-op, but I am hoping for some relief from the intense concern I am feeling. I have lost 35 lbs. so I know it is working. But I am soooo hungry and missing food it is scary.

Thank you in advance.

Billy

billy.simmons2010@gmail.com

Head hunger is an ugly beast. Get the book The Emotional First Aid Kit. It will help.

1. Indigestion is normal considering your sleeve is very new. Drinking was hard for me as well at first especially Water and Protein. But I was able to get my Water in by eating crushed ice. The crushed ice I found to be very satisfying.

2. The amount you can eat will slowly begin to increase over time but don't rush it. Just take advantage of the beginning stages while you can.

3. You will enjoy dining out again. I really enjoy being able to order off the kids menu save money and still have food for later.

4. Yes you will be able to drink sodas again. I drink at least one a day. It took about 11 months for me to drink one without mixing it with water.

5. Well I do not think you can stretch your sleeve some say you can but I disagree. I believe you stomach just fully heals and go to the size it's suppose to be.

6. You will get as normal as any sleever. It will be your norm and you will enjoy it.

7. Your drinking will be normally again just give it time, don't worry.

8. Life after a year is great. I personally still have to lose 18lbs but I am very satisfied with the journey and look forward to the future with my sleeve.

9. Yes getting full is both mental and physical. There are those times when I want to eat more of something because it taste so good but I know I will have it for later.

10. It becomes natural after a while you begin to love and appreciate your stomach.

11. You can eat hamburger, pizza, hot dogs and so on and enjoy them just no more pigging out.

Don't worry we all had these questions in the beginning and it's natural to question the changes your body is going through. Love your sleeve it will change your life drastically.