Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill and full of questions

So i had my 2nd fill due to no resteiction on the first fill. Definitely noticing a difference. Especially with the type of food i eat. Has anyone had any experience with the following (sorry this may be gross to some)

*not being able to keep anything down before mid day

*not pukeing, but slimy spit up? Like pukeing but without the convulsions? Like it all just slides back out?

*weird varietys of what your body can handle? I think mashed taters would be ok...wrong. but a turkey burger (no bun of course)settles just fine...

When they say the band will change your life, they're not kidding.

There are foods I will never eat again...I could never eat a turkey burger, or anything similar..

How much I can eat is very limited also....and I had to learn the signals as to when to stop eating...or else!

Since I can eat very little at each sitting, I have learned to make the best of what I do and can eat. So I would not be wasting my opportunity on things that do not have any positive value.

The band, in my experience, has forced me to change the foods I eat, and had changed the way I eat....very slow, small bites, no drinking while eating, etc, etc.

I read posts here everyday from people experiencing problems keeping food down, immediately concluding they are too tight and going in a getting Fluid taken out.

Only to come back and complain the band is not working, they're hungry all the time, they're not loosing weight, etc, etc.and wonder what are they doing wrong....then fall back on traditional dieting techniques, struggling , hard work, and not relying on the band at all....never knowing what it's really like to be in the Green Zone...

There's no way to tell over the internet what people are actually experiencing, but is could be they are hanging onto their old ways of eating, still trying to eat the same foods, all the things that made us fat in the first place...and then turn around and blame the band...

Great post @@B-52 i didnt realize how little i can actually eat. My dr said 1/2 cup. Not getting anywhere near that. But i am not complaining or blaming anything on the band. Just trying to see if any one else experiences this...my doc said everyrhing soft and mushy should be fine....mashed spuds, one bite and thats quits for me...and for me eating beef would have been my choice, but now i use ground turkey or chicken. I dont think my band is too tight as i only have 2ml in a 14ml band. I have been doing some reading and it seems that others experience morning difficulties so i feel better...not only do i feel better that i am not alone i feel better that i am down from 250 to 210 in 3 mo so i am convinced the band is doing its job. I also plan to stick this out and continue my healthy lifestyle.. ;)

I was once told early on, perhaps before surgery, one of the rules is to take bites no larger than your finger nail !

WOW...who can eat that small? Goes against everything I have been doing my whole life.

But that's the point. This is my NEW life doing things differently. And sometimes, not always, I have to take bites as small as my finger nail....and chew !