Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bypass Surgery tomorrow 12/30/14

Tomorrow is the big day. 16 hours away!! Only my immediate family and my best friend know about this. I'm feeling nervous. A bit overwhelmed by the bad what if's. My doctor is at Riverside Hospital in Columbus, OH. His name is Dr. Sonnanstine. He seems like a great surgeon. His staff just loves him. I can tell it's not fake. Biggest fear with surgery is death, next to that I'd say diminished quality of life. I have 3 daughter's who mean the world to me. I'm doing this not just for me. It's for my family too. With high bp, dislocated disc and knee pain, I feel this is my last resort after many unsuccessful attempts to lose weight, including being put on weight watchers at 8 years old! Please say prayers for me. Prayers for peacefulness and rest. Prayers for the medical staff. Prayers for my family. Thanks all! Jamie

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!!! I'll say a prayer for you!!

Good luck tomorrow. Think happy thoughts!

Mike

CONGRATULATIONS JAMIE

I JUST HAD MY RNY BYPASS 12/24 (CHRISTMAS EVE). EVERYTHING WENT SMOOTH & I'M SURE IT WILL WITH YOU AS WELL. I HAD NERVOUS EXCITEMENT BUILDING UP TO MY DAY, BUT NO FEAR. GOD'S GOT YOU. JUST RELAX & BREATH. THIS WILL SOON BE A MEMORY. I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOU. THINK OF HOW GREAT IT'S GOING TO BE TO BE FULL OF ENERGY AND HAVE HEALTH ISSUES THAT YOU COULDN'T SEE YOU WAY OUT OF REVERSED OR MADE MUCH BETTER. I'M EXCITED FOR YOU. MY POST OP 1ST WEEK VISIT IS TOMORROW. I'LL BE LIFTING YOU UP. BE BLESSED

DENISE

Good luck- we're all rooting for you! :)

Good luck!! I'm sure everything will go smooth! Can't wait for an update!

I'm the day after you. Keep me posted.

First, thank you for the prayers and thoughts sent my way! I appreciate it a lot. This is the first time I've picked up my phone since surgery. Yesterday was rough. I wished I hadn't done surgery. This morning I threw up twice. Little amounts, mostly stomach acid. Spent the morning thinking I would better be if I was dead. But I started drinking little sips of Water. Got ahead of the pain and nausea. Feeling much better now. Looking forward to having clear liquid in the morning. Possible release tomorrow. I'm burping some. Hiccups are frequent, but I guess normal. So there's my update. Thanks all!

@onmywaytobeingfound--So glad the surgery went well. Sorry you were miserable. Just know that you may have more of those days yet when you might have some regrets. No one told me that, and I wished they had. The 2 weeks after surgery for me were rough. But I am now 2 1/2 months out--down 49 pounds, and I can finally say I'm happy with my decision. I still have days I struggle, I never knew eating could be so hard. But you just have to take it day by day, meal by meal even...

You'll do great! This site is amazing for support!!

Good luck with your recovery!!

Aww I'm sorry you had such a rough start! I'm terrified that I will be the same way! Glad your feeling better and on the road to recovery! Hopefully the worst is behind you and now it's a bright New future! Happy New year!

@@amylynns congratulations! I'm "eating" my first foods today. I don't know that I've ever been this excited for Jello and broth. Lol they're going down well so far. But wow, 49 lbs in 2 1/2 mo. That's amazing.

Thank you MaryL 83. I wouldn't be surprised if most people don't have a rough start. I increasingly felt better through the day yesterday. Slept pretty good last night. Feels good to get my Clear Liquids in this morning. I'm hoping for a bright new future :-)

SO GLAD THINGS ARE ON AN UPWARD SWING

HAVE A HAPPY & BLESSED THIN

NEW YEAR