Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leaking incision & Low grade fever

I had full open surgery on 12/15 & I am absolutely miserable. I also had a hernia removed & my incision is 45 staples long. I have been running a low grade fever & every time I get up to try & walk I have to change my bandages because they have filled up with a smelly icky drainage! I am having a real hard time with this...also I feel weak because I am not getting Protein in because they make me nauseous. I take the meds for my nausea but does not seem to help!

I'm sorry to hear. I would recommend calling calling your doctor or your surgeon. I wish you all the best and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Merry Christmas and I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Hello:

Please call your doctor because smelly leaky drainage sounds like an infection. Hope you get better soon. Please let us know how you're doing.

Take care.

Sue

It sounds like you probably have an infection. You definitely need to contact your doctor or possibly even go to the ER. You may need some IV fluids if you're feeling weak. Please don't wait around hoping things will get better. An infection can spread fast. I pray you feel better!

I had a post-op infection from a previous surgery and this is exactly what it sounds like. Please go to the ER. I don't want to scare you, but these can get serious pretty quick. You'll need IV antibiotics. Feel better!

I hope that by now you have already called your doctor. Anytime there is something leaking from your body with a funky strange smell you should call your doctor. Good luck! I hope this email finds you well on your way on a regiment of antibiotics already.

Tara

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches