Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

mmmmmm salad.......

I have had cravings for a nice cobb salad but scared on how that will digest. salad is roughage and I dont need anyother issues Im having issues just eating and not getting sick... Im fine with Soup and mushy stuff its the chicken, turkey, cheese anything I have to chew does not work well. Its annoying

Yes, that was what I wanted most. I'm three months out also and can eat salad no problem. But only 3-4 bites of it.

I've been dreaming about a salad since week 2 post op. I used to make glorious salads. I LOVED salads. I'd start with a head of romaine lettuce or 2 -3 cups of mixed baby greens. Then add 1 chopped up hardboiled egg, a ¼cup of black Beans or chickpeas, 6 grape tomatoes cut in half, 1/8 cup of dried cranberries a dill pickle spear and ¼ - ½ of an avocado. I''d season with a dash of garlic powder and then a splash of pickle juice and olive oil for the dressing.

I couldn't eat ¼ of that now. I've made lettuce wraps but even though I'm nearly 3 months out I prefer to use my precious tummy space on getting in my Protein and Water.

I'm only 2.5 weeks out and I think " am I ever going to have raw veggies again??"

On my pre op diet that's all I ate lol

But now, I'm not sure if we're allowed?

It's not encouraged because your body has to work harder to process all that roughage and it can be uncomfortable on a healing tummy. I can eat small amounts of cooked veg and I've had a few pieces of lettuce, but no where near the amount of raw and cooked veg I used to eat.

Just remember every doctor and NUT has their own recommendations. I love my salads and they digest perfectly for me. I add my Protein to it. I'm 10 weeks out. My guy is perfectly happy with my balance. No one thing seems the same for everyone - talk to your medical team ❤️

Ditto I was allowed salads at 6wks and have had no trouble with it

I think part of my issue is missing my giant salad. The sleeve size one just looks sad in comparison